spotted a car on Google maps street view

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankee Transplant

He started out with nothing, he still has most of
I was looking for an address on Google . and all I could find was a close by street .. so I just did the street view and drove down all the streets till I found the place I was looking for ... and on the way I seen a car ,,, I just wonder if its still there ,,, I dont know when they up-date Google , but the next time I go over that way Ill swing by and see if its there ,,,,chances are probably slim to none ,, (ya think) ?

cby.jpg

Capturecby2.jpg

yea , hes kinda got it tucked away back there .. its about an hr away from me .. but I do go that way about once every few months ,, The company I work for runs macks and Kenworths . so I got to do a parts run now and then

Looks like someones pride and joy (not for sale) might be more interesting to find a rusty hulk, but neat that you could find anything from home.

yea , thats what I thought ,, it just stuck out like a sore thumb when I passed by it .. my house isnt even on google , im not on a main road so they didnt come threw here .

Just for S&G's I just looked at my overhead google and it shows a car that I no longer own in the driveway, and the back yard without its current collection of projects. I figure it's a year or two old. The Street View shows Miatas out front, so that has to be at LEAST 3 years old, maybe 4 ??? Oops, just noticed it is dated June 2011. ;)

Anyway, cool find! Agreed it looks like someone's prized possession, but ya never know...

Yep, when I google my shop my old Jeep pickup is parked outside, and I sold it probably 6 years ago. Guess they don't update it very often.

Don

Different regions get updated at different times and different company's update the pictures at different times. If you want to you can buy a google program and watch almost live feeds. Or at least you used to be able to.

Google images of my house is from this fall. Tomtoms view is probably 3 years old.

The last time I looked, it showed my '82 F100 short-wide that vanished into thin air one morning. Neighbors didn't see a thing. [S

well I decided to go to the job fair they had over that way today ,, and after 2 hrs of waiting .. I believe I got about the same run a round as usual for a job fair ,,, but on the other side I did go by this place and the car was behind the fence this time and under a car cover ,,, so he still has it ,, I didnt stop and ask anything , but this will be a ride by spot every time I go threw this town ,,, I will stop if I ever see any one in the yard just to take a look at it if they will let me .. some people are glad to show off what they got ,, others not so much .. but I did notice that was the only thing in his yard ... ( one project ,, smart man )

Latest posts

Back