I know this aint no rat rod but this is cool

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all i want to know is how track marks have stayed there since ww2, for that matter even a couple years. bubbles after that long, the bubbles should have already been gone. then it says it was put there to conceal it it couldn't have been there long. sorry i just really find it hard to believe, i think it was staged.

all i want to know is how track marks have stayed there since ww2, for that matter even a couple years. bubbles after that long, the bubbles should have already been gone. then it says it was put there to conceal it it couldn't have been there long. sorry i just really find it hard to believe, i think it was staged.

I doubt that any of the story is true other then they pulled it from the pond at some point. It's possible that it was in the lake the whole time but the evidence would of been long gone like you said.

Yep , I agree , but still cool:D I was thinking when they said about the tracks still there , and bubbles, it must have been put in there recently.. Then they said that many years ago. [S[S but I liked it any way ..

Agreed on the fishiness of this story. A bubbling tank pulled out of a lake that has fresh tracks leading to it after 70 years submerged is pulled out with near perfect paint? I'm calling shenanigans on this. Not even a good lie... :rolleyes:

As for the tracks... I have heavy equipment and my largest excavator weighs in at around 60k. When it's muddy or soft out it can sink up to about a foot or so and still move depending on the soil type. So in theory it's possible that the old ruts may still be in the ground a little bit but certainly not what I would call tracks. I wonder how much that tank weighs. I can't imagine it being more then 35k.

EDIT: I just read that it was suppose to weigh 35 ton. I don't know tanks but I doubt it weighs that much.

Now I might guess that a vet that was involved in driving the tank in the pond possible told the story to someone and they went snooping and found it. Just a guess tho.

there used to be a show called tank overhaul, they had a german tank that was supposed to have set in a river since ww2. now at least it looked the part and was a alright show. might can find some of them on youtube.

Latest posts

Back