Dream Shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised, they poured the concrete today. An optical illusion but somehow it looks bigger than it did. :) It will likely shrink again once the walls go up but won't be starting on that until I get back from the Fallout Drags at the end of this month. That should give the concrete plenty of time to cure. Contractor is coming back tomorrow to put the sealer on it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is funny, I poured the foundation and thought the shop looked small. Started framing the walls and it felt even smaller. Once all the walls were standing and the sheeting was going up it started to look big finaly.

Very excited to show some progress on the shop.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1064.jpg
    IMG_1064.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1065.jpg
    IMG_1065.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1066.jpg
    IMG_1066.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 69
garage

i hate you, i hate you all. i can't stop working on projects to even wire my garage. i have been working with extension cords for 220 and 115 for 14 years.;)

Big box. No lid.

Got the walls all sheeted in. We can continue with the little things ... blockers for the studs, wrap the walls, install the windows and the man door, and put up some of the siding but there will be another 10 day delay while we wait for the roof trusses.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 69
Unless you have already put sealer on the concrete floor, do not seal the floor until the roof is on and you have heat in the building.
It traps the moisture in the concrete, will freeze and it will pop the finish off the aggregate. It will look like you beat it with a ball peen hammer all over.

Unless you have already put sealer on the concrete floor, do not seal the floor until the roof is on and you have heat in the building.
It traps the moisture in the concrete, will freeze and it will pop the finish off the aggregate. It will look like you beat it with a ball peen hammer all over.

The contractor applied the sealer the day after he poured the concrete. Hopefully I won't have trouble with it.

The work continues. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1083.jpg
    IMG_1083.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 57
Shop is really looking good! It always makes a big difference when the roof work starts and a more finished look starts taking over...

Latest posts

Back