34 Ford 5 Window Coupe Hot Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally had some time to work on the 34. Fabbed up a mounting bracket for the "vintage" oil filter. [;) Made it sturdy enough not to flex the firewall.

003-12.jpg

I was thinking of using copper lines for the filter but since it's mounted on the firewall and not the engine it needs to be flexible. I didn't want to use rubber hose for several reasons and went with braided SS lines.

005-12.jpg

004-12.jpg

Also monted the solenoid and voltage regulator.

006-10.jpg

Now I just need to finish the wiring and a hundred other little things! :eek:

Finished up the wiring. Double checked everything. Powered it up with a 12 gauge wire instead of the regular battery cable just in case. Lights worked, turn signals worked, brake lights worked, dash lights worked, fuel pump worked, wiper didn't work, I'll check the fuse later. Hooked up the battery cable, engine turns over.

I'll work on getting it started this week.

That's good news. Good luck with the start up. I really like the way that radiator is made with the outlets pointing back instead of down. That will make the hoses look cleaner when connecting them to the 24 stud heads in my opinion.

congrats on blow n smoke. is the oil filter one of the toilet paper roll type?

No, it's not. It has a bronze filter element you can just take out and clean. Made by Permanent Filter Division of Continental Manufacturing Corp. Culver City, CA. Thought it would work good and only $15 at a swap meet. Sold new in the early 50's for $13.95!

261.jpg

263.jpg

264.jpg

I do have one of the old Frantz toilet paper filters. They still sell them! :D

I have not worked on this project for a couple months. I filled the radiator and noticed that the Brassworks radiator is leaking aroung the drivers side hose inlet. I'm kind of PO'd. That radiator was not cheap. Now I have to pull it out. I could send it back to get fixed but I threw the shipping box away and it would be several weeks before I get it back. I'll probably just take it to a local shop and get it done.

Latest posts

Back