Diamond T interior

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkvail

hoping for some ideas for accent paint color for the interior of the DT. This is where it gets hard with 2 people working on a project.... both people with different tastes have to come to a consensus, ugh. We want 2 colors for the interior mainly. One color has been decided - ivory/cream for the dash front and doors (pretty much the same as the dash front is painted now). The dash top, upper console, trim, and possibly door access panels(not installed in this pic) should be a second darker color.

Here is our interior now.

The dash panels are curly maple veneer with a walnut stain. The seat is the tan leather color. The dash top isn't installed in this pic. The doors are just in white epoxy primer now. The console will be (hopefully) leather - undecided on color for that too, haha.

I wanted a rootbeer because it would go well with the dash panels I think:

Brian doesn't think interior should have metallic/candy. Plain dark brown is just YUCK.
One stock accent color was a royal maroon (I like, Brian doesn't), or the green (which looks Christmas green to me, bleh).

Anyhow, just rambling now. If it was yours, what would YOUR choice for second color be?

OH - I think I am ordering this paint (it is rebranded PPG). Here are the colors:
http://www.tcpglobal.com/Automotive-Paint/TCP-automotive-Hot-Rod-Gloss/

Exterior will be satin black with red/ivory pinstriping and red wheels

Honey Gold Metallic 2204

HRG2204.jpg

Flat black. Like on a Mach I hood. The good stuff. Looks good, no glare, really says hot rod.

What color is the outside? You might want to complement that.

Last edited:
Flat black. Like on a Mach I hood. The good stuff. Looks good, no glare, really says hot rod.

What color is the outside? You might want to complement that.

Color on the outside is mostly black SPI epoxy primer right now, haha (which is a slightly shiny primer). But, we do plan to go with black satin paint - with red/ivory pinstripes and red wheels. Old school hot rod. I will take a pic of it today with the dash top on - right now it is in flat black primer, haha

Latest posts

Back