Front Spring

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twisted Minis

I saw a mention on another thread about some springs being too stiff for a lightweight vehicle? I just picked up the front end from a 36 Ford, and the leaf pack has 10 leafs in it. I am curious if this will be too stiff for a rod with an inline 6 in it?
P1010487copy.jpg

P1010488copy.jpg

I kind of want a drop leaf anyway, with reverse eyes to make getting the front down less of a challenge. But I thought maybe I could pull a few leafs out and still use it out back?

Last edited:
You can remove leaves to soften it if it proves to be necessary. I've been told to leave the leaf next to the main leaf in place and then remove every other leaf untill the ride is good. I use teflon buttons between spring leaf tips and they help reduce friction between leaves improving the ride. The difficulty with the buttons is drilling holes in the spring steel to hold them in place.

What kind of rod are you building? If it's a T type, you have way more spring than you need.

Ron

these were my back springs

Attachments

• z (Medium).jpg
    z (Medium).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 26
  • za (Medium).jpg
    za (Medium).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 24
  • zb (Medium).jpg
    zb (Medium).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 24
  • zc (Medium).jpg
    zc (Medium).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 48
air ride

have you checked into how to run air bags on a solid front axle. Thats what i want to do, but im not sure the best way to go about it. Radius arms, 4 - bar, or a custom trianglulated 4-link keep posting and let me know
thanks
Jason

Latest posts

Back