Cheap Airbag Suspension Kits?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrebz

Does anyone know of, or know where I can find some info on a cheap airbag suspension kit? I only need 2 bags the compressor and some switches really... I am thinking of bagging my rear 4 link suspension on a custom frame (model a body). Please let me know!

Thanks!

Cheap

If you want a cheap system, don't use a compressor etc. Just fill them up at the gas station. I done it before, no big deal and much cheaper.

Rattler

www.airbagit.com.

They sell everything you need at the lowest prices. I bagged my '71 olds with thier stuff, worked great. I would personally really recommend a nitrogen setup, compressors are too slow and you'll save some money with nitrogen. Buy everything but the compressor and water trap and then hook it up to a small nitrogen tank & regulator for instant fill ups.

I started off with one of thier high-end compressor systems but ended up switching over to nitrogen.

Yeah, I will probably just piece something together rather then spend the money on a kit!

Thanks for your help guys!

Yeah you can buy bits and pieces if you want, don't have to buy a whole kit. They also sell brackets & such that are pretty nicely built, also not expensive.

Good luck!

Does anyone know of, or know where I can find some info on a cheap airbag suspension kit? I only need 2 bags the compressor and some switches really... I am thinking of bagging my rear 4 link suspension on a custom frame (model a body). Please let me know!

Thanks!

For a compressor try a air condition unit from a volvo, they run from your engine belt, buy a air tank from Wal Mart and just get yourself a preasure switch or run a gauge or both but with the gauge alone you have to monitor your preasure you can if you want run it up to 200 psi your local junkyard has them left and right or you can buy it new when I get a chance I'll post a picture so you know what they look like, Ive used them and they work great.

I picked up a tank and an old caddy airbag compressor, but was thinking why not get a cheap 110 volt compressor reg and shut off and run it off an inverter 12v to 110 volt these small air compressors draw under 3 amps as advertized.

suicidedoors.com is a good place to buy from i get alot of my air bag parts from them i would not ever use airbagit.com they sell cheap stuff and i know of alot of people that have had problems with there stuff you could also check out airbagparts.com

Dont go too cheap on the bags. You will get more life out of them that way. I have a few friends who swear by Firestone bags. They beat the heck out of them. You can find bags on ebay or do like I did and buy a set on craigslist.

Hey I gotta ask. If you're considering simply putting in air bags and filling them at the service station (no compressor installed on your ride), what's wrong with using the old air shocks instead of bags? Those are direct bolt in for replacement of standard shocks.

As I'm typing this, I'm thinking the reason is the inability to compress an air shock enough to get your ride down in the weeds?? Is that the reason you don't use them????

Hey I gotta ask. If you're considering simply putting in air bags and filling them at the service station (no compressor installed on your ride), what's wrong with using the old air shocks instead of bags? Those are direct bolt in for replacement of standard shocks.

As I'm typing this, I'm thinking the reason is the inability to compress an air shock enough to get your ride down in the weeds?? Is that the reason you don't use them????
no you dont use them because a air chock is not designed to support the weight of the car and give it a horrible ride i am running slam specialties re6's up front and re7's in the rear

Don't try and go real cheap.thats your suspension your talking about..i have alot of fittings and airline.i just need to know how your going to run your setup..for a rear set-up for a modle-a,i would go with a 3 gallon tank and a vivair 380,and 3/8 vavle going up and 1/4 for your down..good luck

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 47
bag setup wont be cheap..and like the guy above said its your suspenion you want it to be safe...I've always delt with suicidedoors.com, they really nice guys, give tons of info and sell great products..all my parts on my bagged 68 Caddy Deville and bagged '76 C10 are from SD and they work great. I perfet Airlift bags, never had problems and there company is like 30 mins from me so thats why I went with them..compressor your looking at around $300 for two of them but if you just want one you get one for $200..defiantly get a Viar compressor atleast a 380..Viar is the best in compressors..tanks you can get one for about $85..you'll need air line,vavles and fittings also..I'd run water/oil traps and check valves...your looking at a min. of $1,000 I'd say on both my truck and car it was about $1,700 but I like to buy the best stuff

check out pricebusterchris on ebay. i bought a tank for 35 including shipping 2 valves for 12.00 each and he had em to me in three days, dp1

You could save the expence of a compressor and go with nitrogen tank(s) and rent the bottles and not have to wait for your compressor to fill your tank between uses. You could buy your fittings and hose from a local tractor trailer shop, and buy your bags from the bag supplier of your choice. That's the route I was to take with my S10 blazer, though I never got past doing the front. My friend had this setup on his dually.....it was sweet.

I have bought a lot form suicidedoors.com and airbagit.com. Just all depends on what your looking for.I like to piece my own stuff together between store bought and home-made, and between the two ,shouldn't be a problem. The compressor will probably be the most expensive part.

Latest posts

Back