36 Dodge truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the looks of it, I’d say that rust would pretty much wipe off.

Very nice work, I wish my brother would build stuff for me. :)

Slow progress the last couple of weeks . We fabbed up the kick panels , rolled in a few beads and got them installed .

HPIM0803.jpg

HPIM0805.jpg

Started on the covers for the A pillar

HPIM0804.jpg

HPIM0806.jpg

hey man thats looking cool , i need to get down there sopme time! oh i found you a coupe, tell Roger to call Frankie Parker he has one for sell!

nice job

wow, hope mine turns out 3/4 that nice!

as freddie prinz used to say " Looookiiinnnggg goooooddd":D

now l'm really showing my time on this planet,
'chico and the man' quotes:eek:

Later[S

Just out of curiosity, if you have a bead roller.
Why didn't you just replace the old floor with the new one you cut out + some beads for strength?

-Chaz

Just out of curiosity, if you have a bead roller.
Why didn't you just replace the old floor with the new one you cut out + some beads for strength?

-Chaz

Good question , the bracing under the floor was not as level as I would have liked but was acceptable , I thought it would be easier to just overlay the existing floor . The floor on this truck will be carpeted so the welds will not be seen . If we were going to do a bare metal floor I would have cut all the existing bracing and sheetmetal out and started over for sure . I love the look of beads rolled into metal , but since the plan was for carpet this is the way I went

Cool, that makes total sense.
I love the cowl strech, great subtle way to make leg room.
I'm a little concerned about leg room when (in that dreamy future day) I get to start on my rat truck. I'm not REAL tall, only 6'2", but everything seems to be built for folks under 5'8".
-Chaz

A little more activity to report on , I positioned and mounted the mastercylinder and pedal assembly , throttle pedal and steering column . We fabbed a neat little drop mount for the steering . We drilled all the gauge holes and test fitted everything , the dash looks like swiss cheese with all the holes . Did alot of bondo work on the A pillar covers and header panel above the windshield and also blended the dash in . I think it's going to have a really sharp interior when finished .

HPIM0821.jpg

HPIM0820.jpg

HPIM0822.jpg

HPIM0824.jpg

HPIM0819.jpg

I agree man that interior is going to look great all smoothed out like that..

Let's build a bed

The last few days we've been working on a new bed for the truck . This is my first try at fabbing bed sides and end gate . We frenched the tag and tail lights and made a mock tailgate that looks like a smaller version of one , it won't open but has the look . I wanted something other than a flat panel around the back of the bed . Z.Z. Rat is sending me an old dodge gate that I'll take the dodge logo from and inlay it into the center of our homemade gate , I think it will look great . We did the bed rolls from 1" EMT conduit and also the top of the gate to get the rounded look . We will start on the stake pockets tomorrow morning , after that we will start the smoothing process ( more bondo and sanding )

HPIM0828.jpg

HPIM0830.jpg

HPIM0831.jpg

HPIM0832.jpg

HPIM0834.jpg

truck is coming out as i imagined it from the ideas being planned...level out the rear with the front and the truck will have a killer stance

Latest posts

Back