Saw Robert Plant in our hotel this weekend!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Mrs Tripper & I were staying at the Austin Hyatt on the river this weekend for my b-day. We went to lunch today & when we came back Robert Plant was in the lobby (he & his entourage were staying there too, he's playing Austin City Limits tonight). Appears he doesn't like getting his picture taken because someone tried & he & his bodyguard went after him... who knew he was so touchy?!? I was really shocked at the way he acted! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Some people work to becoming famous and then expect to have privacy :rolleyes:
Not gonna happen unless they stay home with the curtains closed all the time ;)
As far as I'm concerned that would be fine, with me, if they did.
Ha ha, ba hum bug :D

My daughter has been working in the entertainment industry for a long time now. She has worked for many of the big names and has lots of funny?interesting stories.
When she worked a Dylan concert he had a rider on his contract specifying that NO ONE was to look Mr Dylan in the eye.:eek:
I have never cared for Plant or been a huge Led Zepp fan, but I realize that I am in the minority.:D. It always seemed to me that he and Page treated John Paul Jones like garbage and in truth he was/is the best Musician in the group.
Torchie

John Paul probably has more brain cells remaining than Robert and Jimmy put together.

One of my favorite "late model" albums is the Allison Crouse/Robert Plant offering produced by T Bone Burnett.

A few years ago i was in the checkout line at my local Ace. A scrawny homely little dude came in the door wearing a hoodie keeping his head down. It was Steven Tyler. I believe his daughter was living in the area at the time.

Always been a Led Zep fan. Liked some of Plants stuff right after Zep, was always peed that he split the band after Bond died and wouldn’t even play with Page or Jones like he thought he was better than them. When they did the reunion concert in England, I was glad they split. The music was just as good as it always was with Bond’s son on drums, but the singing was awful. Plant just hasn’t got the Zep vocals sound anymore.

Just like Willie Nelson. I’ve always been a fan, but it’s time for him to sit down. He can still pick a tune, but the voice just ain’t there anymore.

My daughter has been working in the entertainment industry for a long time now. She has worked for many of the big names and has lots of funny?interesting stories.
When she worked a Dylan concert he had a rider on his contract specifying that NO ONE was to look Mr Dylan in the eye.:eek:
I have never cared for Plant or been a huge Led Zepp fan, but I realize that I am in the minority.:D. It always seemed to me that he and Page treated John Paul Jones like garbage and in truth he was/is the best Musician in the group.
Torchie

I'm right there with ya...listened to plant rave on how great he was on an interview once! Too full of himself:eek:

Latest posts

Back