suicide front end...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using the 36 inch hairpins with mine as well and made brackets just like donsrods where the rod end connects to the frame.

Donsrods, thanks for the info cause' I didn't know. this is what they sent me with them. This is my first build and am trying to do it RIGHT! Just because I'm doing it right doesn't mean it's expensive either. Front suspension was what I spent most of my money on since I figure dieing isn't an option right now.

I really like Kelseydums thinking...............there are places where we can skimp a little on our rods, but suspension (especially front suspension) steering, and brakes are not among those areas. Cutting corners on your front end will create a car that is not only unsafe, but not much fun to drive.

Don

Just a note here about the length of your hair pins. Keep the location of your steering box in mind when setting your front end up. If possible you want the drag link to be the same length as the hair pins. Keeping the two parallel to each other is important too.

Ron

Latest posts

Back