More Shift Knobs, Post Em Here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thnks uncle, gonns order some as soon as i figure out how much i need. i will report back with what i learned

Pablo

They have dozens of different materials,each one different.
Some of them need to be vacuumed,some need to be weighed accurately.
Some can be brushed on,others poured,some stretch,it goes on and on.

Read EVERYTHING on their site a few times.

Their Tin Cure Silicones are less expensive than the Platinum Cure.
Of course,I need Platnum Cure for my project.:rolleyes:

Not the greatest picture, taken last summer.
gearshifter1.jpg

Thanks CT, They go pretty quick these days, 3-6 hours for a small one. I am a little out of practice right now, but I think I will pick it right back up.

i have been wanting to buy a hand grenade shifter knob off ebay ?What are they like ,are they all that heavy and awkward for a standard shift???
And can i make my own?
Does any one know the history behind the grenade shifter ,when it first started?
Also the history on the shrunkin head the hang off my rear view [ive had one in my daily for a few years and i always loved them,cause mom said they were hip when she was a kid]I just like them cause they freak people out!
But they are hard to find ?

Here is mine.
It was a bobble head doll I bought off the clearance table at autozone for 99 cents. First I decapitated him and disposed of the body. Then I ripped out his springy little neck and epoxied a couple of nuts in the base of his skull. Now his head is mounted on the shifter of my daily driver and is doing fine although the paint is wearing off of his noggin.

Attachments

• 000_0010.jpg
    000_0010.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 221
Here is mine.
It was a bobble head doll I bought off the clearance table at autozone for 99 cents. First I decapitated him and disposed of the body. Then I ripped out his springy little neck and epoxied a couple of nuts in the base of his skull. Now his head is mounted on the shifter of my daily driver and is doing fine although the paint is wearing off of his noggin.

yea man ,i did my cousens chopper that way ,its about the coolest skull that you can find [esspecialy for the price!!!]

i have been wanting to buy a hand grenade shifter knob off ebay ?What are they like ,are they all that heavy and awkward for a standard shift???
And can i make my own?
Does any one know the history behind the grenade shifter ,when it first started?
Also the history on the shrunkin head the hang off my rear view [ive had one in my daily for a few years and i always loved them,cause mom said they were hip when she was a kid]I just like them cause they freak people out!
But they are hard to find ?
Chopper,
You can pick up inert pinapple grenades all day long at army-navy surplus stores for 6 to 8 bucks....I've got about 10 of 'em lying around (I use them in my WW2 reenacting hobby)...and, they already have a hole in the bottom!:)
Ebay is full of shrunken heads for sale, from 3 bucks to 300....
Rob

I just got a cool idea the other night. I was at my friends house listening to his band practice and picked up a bass guitar that some one gave him. He wants to make a lamp out of it so that got me thinking.. I want to use the neck of a bass or electric guitar as a shifter.

Sorry to bring back such an old thread from years ago...
But I'm looking for a unique shift knob for my rat rod now.
I kinda like the crazy look of one such as the one someone posted in
the first post (I've attached a picture of it).
Does anyone know where I can get one like this or something similar?
I've looked everywhere including ebay and haven't found much except
all the skulls stuff. Not wanting anything really expensive either.

Attachments

• shiftknob.jpg
    shiftknob.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back