1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you didn't take offence when I said floor work was boring. Just my personal feelings. I would just rather be doing something else.

Your cab is looking fantastic and you should be proud of the hard work you've put into it.

Keep hammering.

POPS.
I would never take offense at what you say. Just me being a Smart Aleck :D
And besides you are right. Floor work is boring.;)
The way I deal with the boring parts is to just push it hard to get them done. Which is what I did on my floor. That plus the fact that I was tired of looking at the hole.
Same thing with cleaning up my frame. I must have messed with it off and on for a week before I finaly said "Enough" and got it stripped and power washed in a couple of hours.
But I'm looking at it like this. 50 years from now that cab my be gone but the floor will still be there.
Torchie.

Last edited:
Floor looks GREAT! Wanna do mine in my truck next? I like the extensions you added over the cab corners, I think I will do that in my 64 C-10, I've notice alot of stuff falls down in that space..

Keep at it!

Floor looks GREAT! Wanna do mine in my truck next? I like the extensions you added over the cab corners, I think I will do that in my 64 C-10, I've notice alot of stuff falls down in that space..

Keep at it!

Thanks for all the positive comments gang. Helps to keep me at it.
CC you would have to bring your truck to sunny,warm Northern Mi as this guy just doesn't travel so well any more.:eek:
Torchie.

Thanks for all the positive comments gang. Helps to keep me at it.
CC you would have to bring your truck to sunny,warm Northern Mi as this guy just doesn't travel so well any more.:eek:
Torchie.

I have family in Richmond Mi... so you better watch out, you never know who will drop bye... ;)

"This is the floor that never ends...."

"It just goes on and on my friends...."
Gave the topside of the floor a good scuffing like the bottom side.
You can see lots of the spots that I welded on the back side.
Let the sealing begin.
Used most of 1 tube to seal the inside as well as the seams on the riser panels and around the center access frame work.
Time to flip the cab on end and seal the bottom side. Might be a little over kill but........:)
Rumor has it that I'm am painting the frame tomorrow.:eek:
Thanks for stopping by.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 28
Had some help this afternoon so we moved the frame out and shot it with chassis saver. Did the bottom of the cab as well. These pics were taken right after painting so now that it is curing it looks more satin.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 39
Looks good... so you use the seam sealer where ever your joints are at in the floor? Just wondering if this is something I'm going to need to do on my project(s)

Looks good... so you use the seam sealer where ever your joints are at in the floor? Just wondering if this is something I'm going to need to do on my project(s)

Yes CC.
Being that my floor was mainly 1 big piece I used the sealer around the back edge of the floor where it meets the cab. Also around the seams of the 2 corner pieces that I put in as well as around the framing for the removable center panel and where I bent the metal down over the riser.
For the 3 toe board pieces that come out I will cut some thin rubber gaskets.
I will also seal the bottom side of the floor where it sits on the frame work.
Sealer keeps out the moisture from getting into the seams plus helps to make the cab more weather proof and sound proof, dirt proof,ect....
Torchie.

Wow, that chassis is nice along with the under side of the cab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks OI.
My first time using Chassis Saver.
Had I the energy I would have gone over at least the side rails with a grinder to smooth them down a little more. But based on the opinions of people more knowledgeable than me about this product I just degreased and power washed.
Given the fact that the frame is not really going to be exposed I am satisfied with the results.
Sealed the underside seams of the floor today and will most likely give it a shot of under coating as well to deaden it up a bit.
Torchie.

Nice job on the frame. I hadn't heard of the product you used. Interesting.

The story is that the guy that produces Chassis Saver is the one that came up with the formula for POR 15.
He left and started his own company. I have been told that Chassis Saver is the original POR 15 formula. But costs less.[cl
So who knows.........[S
Seems to work and a few other builds on here have used it as well.
You should post up some pics of the Jeep rebuild Gold. It will get you back into the swing of things.;)
Torchie.

Still waiting for the powder coater. Jeep sure looks funny right now. Should post that.

I am re-jetting the bike right now. Will test in AM.

Got side tracked yesterday busting my mom out of the nursing home.:eek: ;)
Then just as I was coming home I got a call from a friend who said that he was coming over with his tractor. So we spent the late afternoon and early evening doing some cutting and grading. Then we moved 6 feet of rock wall.:eek: No wonder I am sore today.
Did manage to spray the bottom of the floor with undercoat today as well as some much needed shop cleaning and organising. Also moved the chassis back into the shop as well.
So I am proclaiming the floor DONE. :D
On to something else tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.......
Torchie.

Barring any unforeseen event, this Labor day weekend is being devoted to getting the cab ready for epoxy primer.
Spent the day finishing up odds and ends of welding,grinding and fabricating a few small filler pieces.
Welding up some pin holes from the underside on the roof and then will seal up all the welded seams just to be sure.:)
Everyone have a safe weekend and thanks for visiting......
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 21
Looking forward to seeing some primer on this beast!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna spend some needed time with the family over the weekend.
Last night we had some Michelob lager beer a combination of boiled crawfish, shrimp and corn on the cob.
Everyone enjoy yourselves.

Latest posts

Back