1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear you're home ZZ. Hopefully the misses is on the mend. Missed you at Radium this year.

I'm glad to see you back on the Packard, since you're not going south this winter hopefully you'll have lots of time to tinker [;)

That was quite an ordeal. I hope Mrs. z is in good health now.

Great to see you back on the Packard.

Are you staying home this winter?

I've got a friend whose wife is going thru rehab so I know how grueling it is. Glad to hear you two are home.
I've never went to do something and find out I was out of the material to do it [ddd

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support, it means a lot.

Glad to hear you're home ZZ. Hopefully the misses is on the mend. Missed you at Radium this year.

I'm glad to see you back on the Packard, since you're not going south this winter hopefully you'll have lots of time to tinker [;)

That was quite an ordeal. I hope Mrs. z is in good health now.

Great to see you back on the Packard.

Are you staying home this winter?
Thanks guys, sorry to disappoint but we will be going to Arizona after New Year for 3 months, she could really use some sun and warm weather after missing our summer completely :( (and I want to keep on wearing the shorts and flip flops:D) So I've got a month anyway to get some stuff done on the car - downside is that I'll have to dig the snowblower out from the back of the shed and put it to work for Dec, haven't had to do that for awhile :rolleyes:.

I've got a friend whose wife is going thru rehab so I know how grueling it is. Glad to hear you two are home.
I've never went to do something and find out I was out of the material to do it [ddd
Yep, toolbox downer... it gives me an excuse to go to Princess Auto and buy a bunch of other metal working supplies. :)

Really glad to hear your wife is at home, and things are improving.

Thanks, makes one feel grateful for the good health we often take for granted....

Put the fenders and running boards back on
to size up mounting of the front bumper. I'm going to fill
the stock holes in the fenders and make new bumper irons that come out below the fender, mounting the bumper about 3 or 4" lower than stock. It'll make the front end look cleaner, lower and show off the bottom of the grille better I think....
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 59
ZZ, I did the same thing you are proposing on my '36, for all of the same reasons. I still like the effect after five years. Go for it, man.

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 32
Made new bumper irons from 2x1/4" bar stock, doubled on the arms, mounted to tabs welded to the front of the frame rails.

attachment.php

The new lower mounting position.

attachment.php

Welded up the original holes in the fenders

attachment.php

Now the grille is not obscured by the bumper crossing in front of it.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1631.JPG
    IMG_1631.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1625.JPG
    IMG_1625.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1634.JPG
    IMG_1634.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 67