A saftey tip from the Trip!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
A small safety tip... DO NOT leave jagged sheet metal layin' around. I accidentally stepped on a piece of sheet metal I was fixin' to throw away but was too lazy to put in the trash can! Huge gash, 6 stitches, blood everywhere, several hundred $$$ & a trip to the emergency room later... a good lesson learned! Be careful!!!

Oh yeah... & a tetanus shot!!!

BoB

Last edited:
Dang thats gonna leave a mark. hate to hear that man. I seen on H.A.M.B where some guy was using a cutoff wheel and it broke hitting him in the chin i forget how many stitches he got but it was a wicked cut.

I guess i shouldn't complain to much about my wife every time i drop a piece of scrap or lay down a tool she moves it. I can never find anything

Boy, that's gonna put an end to your modeling career. :rolleyes::) Sorry to hear of your misstep, and all of us are guilty of doing the same things. I can't tell you how many times I nailed a piece of wood to the bottom of my tennis shoe because I was too lazy to pick up ripped out lumber when I was remodeling my house. Every time I would do it, my then wife would get this look on her face like " didn't that happen before???" :eek:

Hope your foot is ok.

Don

Dang thats gonna leave a mark. hate to hear that man. I seen on H.A.M.B where some guy was using a cutoff wheel and it broke hitting him in the chin i forget how many stitches he got but it was a wicked cut.

I guess i shouldn't complain to much about my wife every time i drop a piece of scrap or lay down a tool she moves it. I can never find anything

In Hot rod mag afew months back they touched on shop safety,And part of the article was on cut off wheels and how everybody at one time has takein' the guard off.Any how they had a pic of a shop roof (tin) with a hole in it from a busted wheel.:eek:

I can never seem to bring myself to throw away scraps of metal, not even small jagged ones. I always tell myself that I'll use it somewhere. I do try to keep them in one pile though. Were you walking barefoot in your shop?

I am not sure how this fits exactly ,but found it interesting.

Attachments

• bandages.jpg
    bandages.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 17
Glad to hear you are ok Trip!!!

Maybe get a bucket to throw scrap into close by where you are working.....ya know.....just in case you might could use it some other time, no matter how big or small, it'll be off the floor too........save your foot.

Tripper, glad your OK. Gotta keep that stuff policed up. And shoes in the shop are necessary.

Oh no!

This thread is worthless without pictures!!!:D

Hodag

Trust me.. u don't wanna see it! It's groady to da max!!! Plus u can't see it because of all the bacon strip bandages I got from the Bonehead... now if I can just shake all these dogs followin' me around! Ummm gooooood!!! ; - >

BoB

Bonehead is right about cutoff wheels. My Son has removed the guard on his, and it scares me.

I used to use a 14 inch chop saw to cut steel before we got the bandsaw. One day I turned it on, bent down to pickup something, and the blade exploded into a million pieces that flew past my head. I had evidently nicked the blade the time before, and it caused it to fracture. Shop stuff can hurt or kill you in a heartbeat. :eek:

Don

I know that really had to smart. I was unloading a lawn mower out of the back of the truck about 10 yrs ago and stepped on a board with a nail in it. The nail went through my shoe, through my foot and out the top of my shoe. about 1 inch back from my toes. My daughter stood on the board and pulled my foot of the nail. I rolled around on the ground and yelled and flopped like a fish for a long time. .....damn that hurt. I feel for ya. Hope you get better. ........RUSTY

Latest posts

Back