Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Muscle cars

Muscle cars Ok... admit it!!! You know there's a muscle car sittin' next to that rat rod in u're garage! Fess up & let's see it!!!

Old 10-21-2018, 08:34 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redidbull View Post
Thanks for the info. I have an 89 F150, is that too a roller cam? Jim
Ford changed to roller cams in mid 1985 for cars, around 86-87 for trucks. Any block made 85 and later has provisions for the "spyder" for the roller lifters, but could still use the standard flat cam. 89 should be a roller cam, but who knows what was changed on it since it was new. Only way to tell for sure is pull the intake and look.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamamav View Post
Ford changed to roller cams in mid 1985 for cars, around 86-87 for trucks. Any block made 85 and later has provisions for the "spyder" for the roller lifters, but could still use the standard flat cam. 89 should be a roller cam, but who knows what was changed on it since it was new. Only way to tell for sure is pull the intake and look.
Thanks. I will check it out. I have no room for it inside for the winter but it is next to my barn so I plan on doing a few things to it. If I pull the intake I will want to go carb at that point. I am going to start a thread on the small block ford so we don't hijack this one. Jim