proper grounding tip

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz

Livin' the rat roddin' lifestyle
I moved my battery from under hood to in the trunk. Then ran the positive cable along the frame to the area next to where the starter will be, used insulated clamps to hold it fast, like everyone does. Then for the ground cable I weld a bolt to the frame in the battery area. Then up front another bolt is welded to the frame and also a bolt welded to the body. I'll attach the large ground cable to the engine, prolly the starter attachment bolt, then a # 6 wire is run from the frame to the body bolt. I also ground the dash to the body because most dashes are bolted to the body and rust will insulate the dash and cause electrical problems with gauges, radios and dash lights that can give you nightmares. If you have power windows or door poppers, it's a good idea the run a separate ground to the doors...:D

Attachments

• me 013 (Small).jpg
    me 013 (Small).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 40
  • me 012 (Small).jpg
    me 012 (Small).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 38
  • me 007 (Small).jpg
    me 007 (Small).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 44
Looks good. I always put a piece of hose around the Pos cable any were it looks like it would rub. Old racing days habit

Latest posts

Back