which dizzy?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derekcj5

whats up guys, tried to post a few days ago, apparently it didnt work... have a '51 ford f1 with 8ba v8 flathead. upgrading to 12v. ordered a 12v 12 circuit harness from ezwiring. know which coil, solenoid, and whatnot, all except distributor im going to use. any suggestion? anybody use pertronix? or would i be better off with something else??? just looking to get her on the road, but see a power gain as well. thanks

I know a lot of guys who have used Pertronix and all of them swear by them. I ran a dual point distributor in my 27 for years and all the guys in my car club said I was nuts because the Pertronix was such an improvement.

I don't think you would go wrong.

Don

The Pertonix is a good unit and maintenance free. The only problem with electronics is that there is no repairing it on the side of the road. When it goes, it's gone....without warning. I think either the points or the Pertronix would be good. Also, if you don't mind the looks of it, many folks have been very happy with the modified sbc distributor that Bubba's Ignition does.

Latest posts

Back