Bikes from late 60s early 70s

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmoline

Here are some pix of my bikes and some friends too. We all lived in a old farm house 11 of us ahh the 60s-70s Scan11-04-02 2304a.jpg

Scan11-04-03 1656a.jpg

a.jpg

Scan11-04-03 2026a.jpg

Scan11-04-03 2030a.jpg

Scan11-04-03 2032a.jpg

Scan11-04-04 0821a.jpg

Scan11-11-06 1834b.jpg

The old one is a ULH and the purple one is a 57 K model the orange one is a Triumph Bonnieville, the white one is a early 50s pan head with jocky shift the red one is a 65 pan head.Sorry about the pix size I resized them to small will repost again sometime

I knew that was a ULH, one of my good pals built one similar to that.

K models are sweet.

But my heart belongs to the panheads. :)

I paid 125.00 for that ULH in 1970 I guess its worth a little more now I think I scrapped the fenders makes me sick now. but i was young and dumb.

Awesome photos.

Here is one that I have from a little later, it is me and my dad, somewhere around 1977 on his BSA Lightning..

DadAndMe2.jpg

and I don't have any vintage photos of my Uncles 70 Triumph Tiger that my dad bought for him in 1971.. but here it is 2 years ago when he gave it to me.

tr6r2.jpg

and as it sits now that it is mine

Pipes.jpg

I got outbid on this bike on ebay long time ago. I lost the pics.
The guy had bought a brand new R1 and had it a year. he lived in NY city and had to keep his bikes in bonded storage so it was expensive for him to keep a bike he wasn't riding so he puts it up on ebay no reserve.
he said the R! was way more bike than his custom
I think it went for 1500

it started as a late 70's kz900 kickstart bike
he bought a wrecked ninja for parts.

it had the kz900 neck and tank but he raked it and designed custom billet fork/bar anchors holding upside down forks from the ninja parts bike but with longer tubes.
In the rear he fabricated an extended swingarm from scratch and had it mounted with the ninja's monoshock rear suspension incorporated into the kz900 frame.
Then he topped it all off with a corbin saddle, drop down gt bars and an old school bullet fairing.
It also had the black 3 spoke ninja wheels
The finish was glossy black polished aluminum and chrome
It has to have been the sweetest old KZ drag bike I have ever seen, an absolute work of art.

I would definitely do a repeat of that bike if I had the money
I could probably draw it up with a little research. I still remember what it looked like in my head I stared at it for days.
I had to place a bid snipe order on it I had $1200 so that's what I set my bid at then I had to jump in the rig and hit the road.
I sorely would have loved to have won that auction

Latest posts

Back