motorized bicycles!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIrish

Not sure what is wrong with me, but I can't stop putting motors on perfectly good bicycles.

Here's one I had built a couple years ago, but got frustrated with my crude belt drive system, so I took it apart and put it away.

Pulled it out last week and decided to convert it to chain drive. Works so much better now. Alot of fun.

Attachments

• Chopper1.jpg
    Chopper1.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Chopper2.jpg
    Chopper2.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Chopper3.jpg
    Chopper3.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 76
Love the bike. What size is motor and where are brakes? A few people around here have used the 49cc kit so don't have to register
as motorcycle.

It's a Tecumseh 4hp. 150ccs and not legal, but I've ridden by many a cop over the years and they don't even look twice. I think they assume its one of those kits

Hard to see but the brake is a foot lever on the chain drive side. It's scrub brake that presses against the tire, like old minbikes & gokarts had.

Here's another one I built. This one is more advanced with a 5 hp Honda and a torque-a-verter transmission. FAST. The front wheel has an internal drum brake in the hub.

Attachments

• motorbike.jpg
    motorbike.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 60
My cousin put a Weed Whacker engine on his 10 speed bike to drive to work. It ran great, but the Mounties shut him down. Without pedals, it is a motorcycle, not a moped, and as such requires a M/C license and plates. Crazy damn laws.

Maybe?

Your bikes are very cool!! I wanna try to do something like that.

I know this isn't a "bicycle", but I did this last summer to a 79' Batavus. 49cc 30mph. Completely legal, and infinity gas milage. lol

Attachments

• 2012-10-13_13-49-53_679.jpg
    2012-10-13_13-49-53_679.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 24
OSHA man came into the trim shop i worked in after i retired and the owner made him leave because he didn't have on steel toed shoes, he was POed.

Yeah there are several motorized bike forums. Probably where those pics came from?

Those guys are SERIOUS about thier motorbikes!

Latest posts

Back