The Dirty Girl

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintpunk

Here's my 2008 Nightster, The Dirty Girl. I bought her new and she's got 60K miles now. She's been ridden to Vegas, DC, and Milwaukee (several times) and all over Michigan from my home in Flint. I was going for the post-Vietnam chopper look but I wanted the modern reliability of fuel injection and a couple hidden inches of rear suspension for my well-worn back.

I've got 3 things left to do to her.
#1, I have to make a clamp that will hold the front brake hose to the old fender mount to keep the hose out of the tire. I'm currently using a zip tie, lol.
#2, I need to relocate the headlight to the lower clamp. I never liked the Sportster "eyebrow" much.
#3, I need to relocate the speedo to the frame under the tank on the left side to clean up the area between the bars.
Once these things are done, the bike will be complete.

Now for the pics. The first pic is the day I brought her home from the dealer. The last is in her modern chop configuration. It takes me 2 minutes to remove the sissybar and change the 2-up touring seat over to the solo seat. It totally transforms the look of the bike. Enjoy!

" post-Vietnam" chopper look. I like it:D
I got pulled over riding a post- Vietnam look chopper during the post- Vietnam era. 1973. It was a chopped Trumpet, Had a King and Queen seat and a Maltese cross sissy bar. And the bike was painted....Wait for it.....Metallic Burnt orange!!!! I was wearing a real German helmut that my Father had brought back from the war. Interesting conversation with the man as I recall.
Ah, The good old days......

Latest posts

Back