77 351w wiring

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmonster

ok so i really need some help im wiring up my rat today im using a 351w out of a 77 f150 from scratch i would like to kno if ne one can help me out i wanna do it the most simply way lesswires as possible for right now i just wanna get it to turn over i can do the lights and everything else later....pics would help of even if u can tell me how to from start to fin.. thanks alot

heres one I found on the H**B:
DuraSpark01.gif

351w

hotrod preacher is right, those years of fords need that box, pick up a used dizy from ebay and get it running, then later on you can change it over to a petronix system. you can buy a used dizzy and the new petronix for about $100 bucks.

ok so i bought an aftermarket ignition hooked the starter wire and the batt. to the one post of the starter solenoid and a ground the the other side then the ignition wire to the S post... hooked the batt. up and the neg. term. started smoking :confused: does ne one kno where i went wrong

the starter solenoid big terminals are for the

ok so i bought an aftermarket ignition hooked the starter wire and the batt. to the one post of the starter solenoid and a ground the the other side then the ignition wire to the S post... hooked the batt. up and the neg. term. started smoking :confused: does ne one kno where i went wrong

Battery positive cable and the cable to the starter..... if you attached the ground cable to the other side of the solenoid you will get SMOKE....:eek:

and i tried the box and nothing so thats y i decided to go the other way but thats not working out to well as u can see...

Rough drawing....

Hope this is helpful.... I'm not an artist by any means....

the s terminal is for the ignition switch start position and the I terminal is for the full 12 volts to the coil for starting... then it goes back to the resistor wire or ballast that lowers the voltage from 12v to 5 to 7 volts.....

Attachments

• solenoid wiring.jpg
    solenoid wiring.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 10
Only way I know is to use a dist. from either a point

system or one of the new HEI dist's that are available from many different companies...... they work like a gm hei system... but are made for Fords... uses a full 12 volts to dist from key "on" ign source and usually have a built in coil in cap or 12 volt external coil .... no ballast or resistor/ resistor wire used..... that is the easiest way to go...

Abso-frickin tutly......

ur a big help so that will get rid of the ignition module and all that bs

Gone..... no more BS, plug and play.... just be sure you have the room to run that big GM type hei cap..... but i'll bet you have plenty.... good luck with the whole build.... keep us advised....Pics too...[;)

Latest posts

Back