aftermarkets gauges compatability with oem sending units

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat-on

I'm running an 1987 chevy v6 in my RPU and its time to wire it all up. Any brand aftermarket gauges that will work with the factory water temp sender and oil pressure sender? Thanks, Jim.

most all of the aftermarket gauges will come with their own sending units either mechanical or electric.

Why are you concerned about using the stock senders? Just use the ones for the gauges you end up buying, that way it will be a matched set.

Don

Because many gauge manufacturers (I checked S-W and Classic) charge extra for the senders if you buy individual gauges.

Wow..... I've never run into a single gauge without a sender to match...

Are you sure they understood? I've yet to get any single gauge without a sender with it..... have this changed recently.... I've bought a ton of SW and always got a sender or install kit with the gauge... [S

The catalogues I was looking through showed all senders must be purchased separately and often doubling the cost of the gauge. I was just trying to save a few bucks as work has been slow and money is getting tight to finish this build. The low cost gauges at O'reilly's come with a sender but I don't know how well they work.

Latest posts

Back