Big Kids Big Wheel

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmlcolorado

So on my travels through tenn, i came across this thing. I turned around to get my eyes on it cause it was so unique.

I gotta build one of these! Anyone ever build one? It looks like a blast to drive! This particular one i wouldn't dare get on once i got a close look at, but with a little more attention to detail, it might be fun.
If it wasn't a Sunday, in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of my 1000 mile trip, and it had a sign with a number on it, and the guy wanted to give it away, it would be in my garage right now all tore apart :D

Seems like the gear ratio would now be ridiculous small now with tiny tires. And the trail in the forks has GOT to be WAY out of whack, but for random field fun, i like it! :)

I had a Hondamatic that would have been a GREAT candidate for something like this! Chop the heck out of it and weld up a solid golf cart or 4 wheeler axle and go.
If i build one, I would paint it child like bright colors, just like the big wheels back in the day [cl

A little 250 CC engine would get this thing moving well!

I wonder if the local carting track would let me take it out?! 0 to 25 in no time! And tops out at 35, but who cares :rolleyes:

photo-1459.jpg

photo-2139.jpg

Looks fun in a straight line... I see daylight under that inner rear tire... looks like a road rash event waiting to happen there!

Awww your taking all the fun ut of it :)
Can't be any worse then old school side car racing, except you don't have a passenger to lean off the side for you.

Lean hard left to go left, lean hard right to go right :)

Went over to a buddy's house who wanted to talk building an air bag springer for his bike. Got to talkin and told him to keep his eye out for a 250 or so. He asked how picky I was. I said not very since its just for fun and not intended on being a serious build.
He shows me this:
photo-2477.jpg

photo-1463.jpg

I laughed ans asked how much he wants for it. He said friend deal of $0!
AND it comes with a title!
HA!

I'm in for it now :rolleyes::D

CB250?

I'm building a bike for a guy and he wants to give me his cl360. This bike of yours looks like a fun project!

Very close! It's an SL350. Same engind as the CB's though.

It should be a blast to ride :) with a 4 wheeler rear end, and golf cart size tires, you'll reach the top end quite quick, and I'm guessing it'll only go about 50 mph, but it'll get there fast! :)
Still trying to decide if it'll have rear suspension or not. I want the center of gravity to be as low as possible so it might not. As long as it wheelys on demand and roasts tires, that's all I can ask for :)

Cool!!!

Not what I would have done, but super cool. I'll be watching this one closely.

I think, with this CL360 coming my way, I think I dirt tracker is on the books...

Keep the pics coming!

Cool!!!

Not what I would have done, but super cool. I'll be watching this one closely.

I think, with this CL360 coming my way, I think I dirt tracker is on the books...

Keep the pics coming!

This bike sure does scream board/dirt tracker! I've built a couple bikes and each one almost speakes to you as to what it wants to be.
I built a gs1000 not long ago and all the purests about hunted me down and shot me! They thought I was crazy for cuttin the back off and hard tailing it :eek:
But the way I saw it, I just saved the bike from the scrapper since it had been sitting with a full tank of fuel for over 9 years. It was beyond a simple resto, which would have been nice too. But every "builder" (if I dare call myself that :) ) has their own vision, and there are plenty of projects out there for everyone to do as they wish.

Here's that bike:
CIMG0702.jpg

And here is another one I'm building for a friend:
8cb0ec6f.jpg

MAN its been a while since I've seen that bike. I miss it :(

Latest posts

Back