Big Kids Big Wheel

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, awesome.

fonz.jpg

So ive been researching shorter forks since I had to slide them through the top of the trees to get the height i wanted.
Its not smart to use forks slid into the trees like that since the clamps are tightening around an area of the fork tube that doesn't have any material to back the clamping force like the top of the trees have.
I can only get a couple inches max by shortening the spacer inside so i thought i would cut the neck to see what it looks like.
Im not big into the extreme chopper looks, though i do like a mild chop.
What do you guys think?

I checked the trail measurement and believe it or not, its within spec for safe riding. I still think ill shorten the guts 2", then rake the neck the remaining, which would actually shorten this neck angle a bit. I'm also thinking of using "clip on bars" like what sport bikes use, only modified to fit my needs. This way I have further adjustability.

photo-1784.jpg

photo-1105.jpg

Sure makes for a low bike :)
photo-2013.jpg

Last edited:
I like it[cl

Have those adapters come in yet? You need me to call them for you and see where they are?:D

No kidding huh?
I actually sent an email a couple days after I ordered them since I hadn't heard from them at all they they received the order.
They emailed me back telling me they were a bit behind since one of their machines broke down and they just got it back up and running.
Loosing a machine when you run a machine shop is like having the chef be out sick for a week in a high end Vegas restaurant. :eek:
He said he hope to have them into shipping within 10 to 12 days. We're on day 6 right now.
It's okay though cause my welder decided to crap out last night. So this gives me some time to figure out what's going on with it.

So this thing really has a coolness factor too it!!!! I think it will be a great ride. Dangerous but still awesome. Here is my idea of a big kids big wheel....

hemi2.jpg

So this thing really has a coolness factor too it!!!! I think it will be a great ride. Dangerous but still awesome. Here is my idea of a big kids big wheel....

hemi2.jpg

The way I figure it, the longer the wheelbase is, and the lower the rider it, the CG changes.
I think that one you posted would more dangerous :) mostly cause every driver on the road would break their neck to get a look at it, then run you off the road :)

I'm planning on using DOT street golf cart wheels on it, so it won't be quite as soft as the ballon tires that came in it :)

Here's the carbs. It seems this bike was built from 68-71. 68 being a sl350 K0, a 69 and 70 a K1 and my 71 is a K2. But I keep seeing CV carbs on all these bikes. It seems the engine is idetical to the CB series but the SL's have a smaller carb bore and intake bore in the heads fr better air velocity.

As you can see from the phots, the carbs need serious work :)

photo-1965.jpg

photo-2390.jpg

photo-2321.jpg

Thanks for the assistance :)

Does anyone know the technical name for these carbs?
The throttles were completely stuck solid, so mich that I had to cut the cables just to get the carbs off the bike. I would assume there are slides that slide out the top? I have standard rebuild kits, but I'm sure I'll ruin a few other parts trying to get these apart. I don't know if there is any other rubber parts inside that don't come with the rebuild kits.
I have both carbs soaking in carb dip so ill let those go for a few days to break everything loose.

Carb dip sucks soak them in pine sol. It has to be the original pine sol with the green label.

. I made a thread about cleaning carbs.

Worked great and freed up everything that was frozen [cl

Carb dip sucks soak them in pine sol. It has to be the original pine sol with the green label.

. I made a thread about cleaning carbs.

Worked great and freed up everything that was frozen [cl

I had pretty good luck with this stuff. Cleaned up 4 sets of carbs of my old Gs1000 that had been sitting for 12 years.
I'll give this a go for a few days and if it doesn't break up the slides, I'll get me some pine sol. That stuff smells better anyways :)
Got a link to your thread?

Latest posts

Back