New guy's XS650

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don-vee

Hey folks, just a quick note to show you my XS. Got a great-running bike for $500 (birthday present from my wife!) and did the mods myself. Bobbed the stock rear fender, cut a few tabs and such off the frame but otherwise frame is stock. Stock tank, painted with dollar rattle cans from the swap meet, pinstriping done by yours truly. Headlight is from a 50s Jawa, speedo pod is made from some scrap aluminum, pipes are $10 swapmeet finds with 5 bucks worth of leftover header wrap, taillight is from a 30s Studebaker, springs on the forks are nonfunctional but I thought they looked cool enough, front fender is a cobbled-together Honda/Suzuki combination of parts, bars are Enfield with sparkle red grips, mirror is Schwinn, seat is a homemade pan with an old leather jacket.
Minus the cost of the bike itself, I have less than 100 bucks in the whole thing.

xs650-3.jpg

I like the headlight with the gauge in it! Those are cool! Couple things I would change (grips for sure), but all in all I think she's a sweet ride!!

I like it all, even the grips! There was a time when red grips were the hot item, they had kicker pedals and floor board rubber to match too. there has got to be some more guys on here that remember that fad.......1950s

Totally dig the whole look-even the grips. The best part is you made everything work with very little out lay of cash and it's all out of old parts-very nice work!

Come on guys, they're not just red, they sparkle! I like 'em. Cool bike all the way. Stuff like this always catches my eye over the OCC type stuff.

I like bikes and I like XS's but come on guys! Forget the cool sparkley red grips and look at all the sweet tin in the shed behind it just waiting for some love!![dr[dr[dr

Latest posts

Back