Bridgestone

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountain

Hello, I just picked up an old Bridgestone. The guy I picked it up from said it is a 50CC and he never messed with it. It does not have the key so I have to try to hotwire it to see if it has spark until I can find a key for it. Has anyone ever had or messed with one of these little bikes before? I know Bridgestone is not a popular bike out the there, this one just had such a classy style I couldn't pass it up. Any information would be welcome, I want to get it running before my wife finds out I brought another project home :). Thanks for any help I can get!

Attachments

• downsized_0330131801.jpg
    downsized_0330131801.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 28
  • downsized_0330131801a.jpg
    downsized_0330131801a.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 18
That is a sweet little mini, I love those bikes. My whole family has fun just bombing around on them. Both of my kids have the old style mini's and I got my wife a Honda Trail 70 last year. I still have to get t he 70 up and running thins spring. The Bridgestone is for me, I wanted a Honduka but I found this little gem for 300 bucks and couldn't resist. Thanks for the photo!

Attachments

• honda trail.jpg
    honda trail.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 12
  • micaiah'sminibike.jpg
    micaiah'sminibike.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Nathanielminibike1.jpg
    Nathanielminibike1.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 11
If you can believe it the bike kicked off last night. I shot her with a little bit of fuel in the chamber and it fired. I can not believe it because I never get this lucky. I am going to pull off the carb and clean it real good because I can see the sticky varnish when I pulled out the needle valve. I am pretty stoked. I am going to leave it all patinia'd up and crusty. It gives it just that much more character. Thanks for the post!

i had a bridgestone but it didn't look like a honda 90, it looked more like a dirt bike.

Stupid pollution laws :cool:

Also I read that the other bike manufactures in Japan told them if they kept making bikes that were competitive they would stop putting Bridgestone tires on their bikes. Since the tires were more profitable than the bikes they scrapped the entire motorcycle division. There were multiple factors including the 2 stoke VS pollution and I am by far an expert on them. Thought I would share what I have come across so far. I am just pumped I have a sweet little piece of motorcycle history.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back