Fuel sending unit? How does this work?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmlcolorado

Buddy bought a "fuel sending unit" for a honda cbr 600.
This is not the typical fuel sending unit I'm used to seeing. I would expect to see a float of some sort, which this doesn't have.

Is this actually a fuel sending unit or it is just a low fuel sensor?
photo-193.jpg

photo-194.jpg

It gauges the fuel level by the relativity of the fluid level as it rises up the brass shaft creating a circuit that can be read and then interpreted into the actual level of the fuel by the gauge on your dash:cool:

Or it could just be a low level sensor. I really have no idea!;)

It gauges the fuel level by the relativity of the fluid level as it rises up the brass shaft creating a circuit that can be read and then interpreted into the actual level of the fuel by the gauge on your dash:cool:

Or it could just be a low level sensor. I really have no idea!;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
attachment.php

Attachments

• LMAO.gif
    LMAO.gif
    103.5 KB · Views: 29
Looks like a low level sensor to me. My Freightliner has a similar sensor in the overflow bottle to monitor the anti freeze level.

Appears to be holes in the bottom,does it rattle? My vote is low level sender probably kicks on a light.

For those who are curious, it appears to actually BE a fuel level sending unit.

Click on the clicky picture:

What I didn't see was a strap of copper inside the Chanel. I believe this is actually what reads fuel level.
Nice!
Easy breezy! Better than a float as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts

Back