What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats great, is this a real barn or a really large shop [S
Thats a nice drag you have there too :p
Interesting your truck is in every picture :D

Thats great, is this a real barn or a really large shop [S
Thats a nice drag you have there too :p
Interesting your truck is in every picture :D

Barn or shop...right now it'll be a pole barn..shed..all top and no sides. Will be enclosed and twice as long as it will go up in the next few days. We started on this end as it will be incorporated with the fence on this side of the property. The end of the barn extends outside of the fence and is the gate on that side. If I'm there, usually the 31 is too and yessir, I put it in lot's of pictures...It works too! If you notice in the pix how smooth the ground on our building site is, that drag is the reason. It's a simple 3 sided thing made of 2x6" boards and a couple of "bush" drags running behind.

Last edited:
Modded one of my wheels to fit my IH. I hate seeing wheels sucked way under the body of vintage stuff and couldn't find anything just off the shelf to fit my needs.

Yay, wheels. 5 internet points if you can guess what they are from :D

20170706_145018-L.jpg

Stock

20170630_120621-L.jpg

Little bit of grinding and a lot lot of BFH'ing later

20170630_140334-L.jpg

Then a bunch more BFH'ing. Perfect.

20170630_145804-L.jpg

Suspension at full stuff in the front and nearly full stuff in the rear. I have about 2 fingers gap between the fender and rim.

20170630_182959-L.jpg

20170630_163321-L.jpg

I have the first one trued up and some heavy tack welds in place. I have the second one ready to knock out the center, just need to eat some wheaties before I break out the BFH again :D

I went to the Meltdown Drags in Byron Ill. 500 of my closest friends were there with their 1966 and older drag cars. For me, it was drag racing heaven. Weather was great.

I made three runs with the dragster. The first time it was out this year. The best was 11.74 @ 114mph. Fun Fun Fun!

Got the 350's heads & intake back on & setting up to put the TH400 behind the Nailhead on the 350. Started measuring up the rear end I got at the pick-a-part on Wednesday... things are moving right along! Happy I decided to keep the good parts off the truck to use on the coupe! :D

BoB

After I fixed the fuel system issue, while tinkering with the carb, and fixing a couple small leaks in the trans cooling lines, I discovered that my $30 used swap meet 66 Mustang radiator was leaking. So I ordered a new aluminum radiator on eBay. For good measure, I ordered an electric fan wiring kit, in case I have to change it over. Turns out the wiring kit was cheaper than the fan spacer I bought to put the flex fan on the engine in the first place. Learn something new every day. I keep telling myself I am running out of things to do to this project. :D

Craigslist deal of the day. 4 Corbeau seats, 2 4-point harness, and the console for $400. Plus $20 for my buddy to pick them up for me since I was on call all weekend.

20170723_204157-L.jpg

Now the choice, Forza (fixed back) or CR1 (reclining)? I'm pretty sure they have the same mounting points so I'll try them both out once I get this on the road and see which I like better.

Just sitting in them I seem to fit better in the Forzas. The kidney bolsters on the CR1s are pretty tight on me. These seats do have steel frames so I may be able to take the covers off and open them up a bit more. The CR1's would probably be better day to day for behind the seat access.

20170723_213656-L.jpg

20170723_214111-L.jpg

Whichever set I end up selling will probably get most, if not all of my money back :D A new pair of the Forzas is $475 and the CR1's are $800. Plus a couple bucks for the harnesses.

Got 8 out of 10 Dump truck loads of asphalt spread on the road this weekend. Blew a tire on the loader and cut us short of finishing Sunday. Today I got some parts off the 46 too.

Been planning for a month or so to make a big batch of pork Jalapeno and cheddar smoked sausage. This was my first time cutting up that many jalapenos and can't believe the burns I got on the fingers on my left hand hand. Made about 24 lbs of sausage then ran out of casings so we made about 20lbs of patties, cooked them then froze them..

I mounted the PCM, ran the light wiring to the front, cleaned up the engine harness a bit and hooked the rear light harness up to the frame wiring on the 50 GMC. Also took about 400 pictures of my pictures on photobucket so I can delete the account. [cl

Got the poles in for the east end of the barn. For right now, my buddy Jr. is going with this half. The size is 30x32 right now and will be 60x32 when complete.

Latest posts

Back