update

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel fine. My immune system still weak so I have to wear a mask. No garden or lawn mowing, cat litter box.
The morning after I got home, I went on a pick with a buddy who is cleaning out the upstairs in a couple old barns. Found a bunch of Model A and T engines, a Red Ram poly truck engine, Maytag engines, tons of other stuff.

If the local hospital gets everything done in time, I shouldn't need to go back to Minneapolis Wed. for the doctor's appt.

Tried to drive the 59 F250 over to a buddy's, it was running rough and I had to heel and toe to keep it running, then left it there because the carb is flooding over. Typical Holley, can't leave one set for 2 months without working on it. I'll have to dig through my carbs and see if I have a manual choke 2100....one of these days.

Glad you are feeling better, it takes awhile before your immune system gets back up to snuff. Be careful with what you do. One of my dogs scratched my arm after my chemo, got infected and put me in the hospital for 4 days.

Glad you're back home and able to get back at it to a degree. Remember, moderation in all things.

Went back to Minneapolis Wed. for Dr. appointment. Things looked real good, blood counts coming up good and Dr. is excited. Bottle neck at home for treatments as one of the 2 hematologists is on vacation, the good one I'm getting transferred to. Sooo... I'll be heading back to Minneapolis Sunday for my 7 days treatment, which takes 9 days and my first appointment here is Sept. 18

Sorry to hear they didn't get things done where you could stay close to home but good luck on the results!

About the only advantage to living in or close to a big city is medical care. Which is becoming more important now that I am in my "Golden Years".

Glad you are feeling better and the Docs are optimistic about your recovery.

About the only advantage to living in or close to a big city is medical care. Which is becoming more important now that I am in my "Golden Years".

Glad you are feeling better and the Docs are optimistic about your recovery.

So you can hang out with the other old sick people? No thanks, I'll drive. I'll be driving an hour each when I get the treatments move "home"

I'll let that one go, Willowbilly. Remember, you're lucky Minneapolis is here.

Minneapolis is a great facility. Staying at the Hope Lodge is all sick people and I feel very blessed that I have not been sick but you do have to be careful around them not to let being sick become your identity. I shouldn't make light of that. It's kinda like you see in the movies when a guy goes to jail for the first time. Lots of conversations start with "What are you in for kid?" Which means they want to talk about their treatments and diagnosis.

Drove back to Minneapolis for Dr. appointment last wednesday. Now I drove back again today (labor day) for 7 days of treatment. It was supposed to start in Rapid City but the doctor was on vacation.
But I'm doing great, best I've felt in a long time. Riding my bike, got 8 miles a couple days ago and topped a hill I always had to walk over 7-8 years ago when I last rode.

Back home again. Hopefully won't have to go back to Minneapolis for a while but I was kinda getting yo like that town. It's a pretty place in the summer and fall. Plus I was in a college district so the sidewalk sight seeing was always interesting.
I got a call that the title is in for the 36 5 window. The towing company owner told me he's had 9 different partys wanting to buy it, and I have at least 2. It will sell to fund some other projects and get me back in the saddle buying & selling. I think I'll sell my 59 F250 also. If I can get this one bought. More on that later

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Willowbilly/media/Devilstowerjunk044.jpg.html?sort=3&o=130

Latest posts

Back