96 GMC rat build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bob...

That looks real good.Great idea.

notice my welds are getting better...LOL..I've also decided that I need to drop the front another 2"...so rather than try to do more fab on the control arm and relocate the lower ball joint to get the 2", I'm going to order drop spindles....something I didn't want to do but the tire is too far out of the fender...in my opinion...maybe i'm getting lazy...:D

Yeah....that is normally my motto....

I don't think it is lazy at all. Work smarter not harder right?!?!

but I was trying to make sure I didn't use pre fabbed parts as much as possible on this ......newest parts are the door shells and the fender...everything else is used, repurposed or simply made...but...hacking the ball joint off the lower control arm and fabbing it up 2" is just not something I wish to screw with.....so...drop spindles it is..... ;)

OK......too many things happening to even try to

go into it.....I did get the drop spindles put on.....got the stance I wanted....
will have to roll the fender edge a tad but nothing serious.....got what I wanted and it looks much better....JMHO of course.....also test fitted the downsized bumper without the chin spoiler.....looks pretty good I think...sorry the one shot is of the before....about 3 inches too high off the tire....

Attachments

• new tire stance with drop spindles.jpg
    new tire stance with drop spindles.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Bumper mocked up 4 2 2013.jpg
    Bumper mocked up 4 2 2013.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Reason for New Drop Spindles.jpg
    Reason for New Drop Spindles.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 44
  • side view drop spindles.jpg
    side view drop spindles.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 49
Thanks Guys....

Ain't much but....." better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick"......man I wish things would settle down a bit around here.....As Burton Cummings once sang..."I got got got got got no time".....then I get Bronchitis to boot....I know....quityerbitchin and get it done...... :D

Lol! "The first 100 years are the hardest" -(John F. Giffin 1st. My grand father)

Truck looks good. Keep on pluggin away at it. [P

Better shot of the stance now....

the pic I posted was taken with my POS cell phone camera.....these are better.....
Thanks Neverdone.....

Attachments

• Drop Spindle height better shot.jpg
    Drop Spindle height better shot.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Drop spindle height closer shot.jpg
    Drop spindle height closer shot.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 49
OK.....minor update.... (but at least something.)...

Painted the back of the cab, cut in the cab corners and dropped the bed back on...I like the stance....needed to get something done and now I want to get back in there.....needed the re-motivation I guess....
Open to comments or suggestions.....but be kind...lol..:D

Attachments

• bed on 7 6 13.jpg
    bed on 7 6 13.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 60
  • bed on 7 6 13 painted.jpg
    bed on 7 6 13 painted.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 56
  • bed on 7 6 13 painted 2.jpg
    bed on 7 6 13 painted 2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 132
  • bed on 7 6 13 painted 3.jpg
    bed on 7 6 13 painted 3.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 73
I'm always excited to see you've updated this thread. Full body pics!!!! You rock Sarge!
attachment.php

Looks real good man. I'm still waiting to see the glass go in... [P

Darn good Idea jfg.....darn good ....

Suggestion: Get crackin! It is looking good! [P

Thanks Sam, I actually had a full day to work on it....got in the house about 10pm and was plum tuckered out....most work I've done in a while...lol.... ...a lot more to do but energized a bit from the thrash....:D I'm making a list of the "need to do's"...will be checkin them off as I go.... did I mention..it's 59" from ground to the roof top...:D

Latest posts

Back