Low & Slow: 56 Dodge with MB Turbo Diesel

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another headache out of the way. Married the original wiper with a Toyota wiper motor. Eventually I will connect the passenger side wiper.

Figuring out the wiper motor wiring--the park feature--took more effort than making the bracket!

IMG_6845.jpg

Installed heat and sound insulation. Dynamat is ridicuously expensive; i used Peel & Seal, a roofing product, that works almost as well at a fraction of the price.

IMG_6846.jpg

Bob

Progress is slow, but at least it is progress!

The hood comes off with 4 bolts, and the front sheet metal clip with radiator comes off with 6 bolts. Not as complicated back in the day ......

IMG_6864.jpg

IMG_6859.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_6873.jpg

Next up is mounting the bed, after using CLR and rust conversion on the bed sides and rear fenders.

Bob

The ole Dodge is lookin good
Where did you get the glove box lid wings?

The wings came from the trunk lid of a 1936 Dodge coupe that I have. A smaller set of wings is on the front grille.

Eventually the wings will go back on the coupe, but for now they can ride inside the truck.

Thanks for the compliment.

Bob

Still rattling along after three years. I've been totally surprised by all of the smiles and positive comments by complete strangers!

Attachments

• Fracking Truck in B&W.jpg
    Fracking Truck in B&W.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 45
Still rattling along after three years. I've been totally surprised by all of the smiles and positive comments by complete strangers!

:cool: [cl :D
I always called that "Smiles per miles." When I drove my 50 GMC panel everyday there were times when I didn't want to have to stop for gas as by the time I was finished talking to everyone that had a question or a comment it would be a half hour fill up.
I miss that sometimes......:)
Torchie

I always plan on at least an hour extra when driving mine just to let folks look, ask questions and take pics if they want.

Torchie,

Like with your panel, there are times when I wish it did not attract so much attention. Fortunately, I am retired and have more time to answer questions. But it sure does change social dynamics with folks from many walks of life!

The old truck certainly attracts more attention than my very shiny 69 El Camino.

My wife and friends tell me that I can't sell the Dodge because it is too much like me. I guess by that they mean old and rusty!! :D

Thanks to you and the other posters for the compliments.

Bob

Latest posts

Back