New "Street Rodder"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Hey,
If u haven't seen the new Street Rodder mag (July '07) ck it out! Nice metal working articles, lots of ratty cars & a kool article on bomber seats. Bomber article WAY past my skills so definitely out for me but pretty interesting. I leave that kinda stuff to our resident metal workin' guys... u know who they r! They also had some kool skull stuff & shifter knobs & I couldn't resist scanning this one because it reminded me of... Inked Monkey. Ck it...

BoB

Attachments

• monk.jpg
    monk.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 23
I havn't seen one of those for more then 15 years. :eek:
Guess living out here in the desert has its' disadvantages.....lol.....:rolleyes:
Maximo

Maximo,
It was pretty hot here today in H-town & I don't run an A/C, how was it in the dessert today? Bad part: and get ready for this, over here we have neighbors... close neighbors!

BoB

Yea the new Street Rodder is really good. One of the best I've seen in a while. Plenty of good stuff in there. I'm still going through it all. Plus I'm not one of those guys who thinks everybody elses styles of cars are crap. Good ideas can be had almost anywhere if you keep an open mind.

By the way Tripper, that shift knob you pictured is a self portrait sculpture by Norm Grabowski. The same guy that made the first shift knob shown in my shift knob post.

Wow!

By the way Tripper, that shift knob you pictured is a self portrait sculpture by Norm Grabowski. The same guy that made the first shift knob shown in my shift knob post.

Gastrick,
Wow, I didn't have a clue... he is *really* famous!!! I'll go ck u're post rat now!!! Years from now they'll look at my ratty old truck & say... dang look @ that... a *real* Bonehead shift knob!!! ; - >

BoB

Maximo,
It was pretty hot here today in H-town & I don't run an A/C, how was it in the dessert today? Bad part: and get ready for this, over here we have neighbors... close neighbors!

BoB

I remember when I lived in SanAntonio, it was a dog day summer every summer. My nieghbors were really onto me whne ever I would start to build something in the front drive. My father always would get a letter in th email giving me 3 days to clear it out....friggen nosy ass morans were always into my **** and never could see past my rights as local hood.....lol.....ended up loading the truck and heading west...so here I am.
My weather is great, hot and cold everyday, or wet and cold in the spring and fall. Hot, hot, hot in the summer, usually around 115*F in the shade.

I just love it, come home from work and work under a tarp for 6 months out of the year, metal sometimes too hot to touch.

Maximo

Humid!

usually around 115*F in the shade.
Maximo

Maximo,
THAT is hot. Last summer it was over 100F everyday for a month & would b 90F at 10pm. Had 2 drive my real car with an A/C during that time. Poor farmers had a *really* bad time! What kinda critters u got there? Scorpions, snakes, spiders, wolves, gila's?

Can u drive a rat rod there much?

BoB

There are rats everywhere for now. The new laws across the nation will be screwing everyone soon though. It is gonna be like shooting fish in a barrel for the coppers and us. Seems our great leaders in DC are up to no good and silently pasing bills against any kind of modified rides. It will effect everyone who drives on the roads. So if you have an old car, you better have a period perfact engine to keep it on the road. So I am starting to hoard all my older engines from the mid 30s flat heads on up to the early 70's big blocks.
If your ride did not have emmissions your doing well. So for all those early to mid 30s' with flat heads, keep the running, cause if you have a modified engine, which is out of the period style engine, your ride just might be a victom of the new laws. Same goes for everything else. Come 2009, the new laws take effect across the country, even motorcycles will be required to have electronic ignitions and cat converters, new of the show room floors.

And if you plan on building a hotrod, you best plan on registering it as a kit car and not some period classic. Otherwise you will openning up pandoras' box, and you will loose. Trust me on this subject. I have been following along on the web and into the states legislation proposals, they all are shooting for a major bill, that is hidden under other bills. It is comming from the automakers and the oil companies. They are planning on putting an end to all the hopup shops and after market businesses. If your ride is altered from the OEM build, you will be subjected to severe fines and could loos your rights to that particular ride. Pennselvania is the first state to put this new NAZI law into effect.
Florida just passed a hotrodders bill, granting hotrodders more libberties. But it is all going to be a big mess soon. Utah is another state trying to flush all the rides that are out of context. If your your car doesnot have a period matching engine, you could be subjected to the emmissions of the engine you have in your car. So, if you have a 1928 coupe, with an 85 Chevy 350, you will be forced to maintain that engine as it was built by the OEM. And that means all the computer stuff and the crap that really killed the 80's engines. So this is a warning to all you rodders building stuff, beter hang onto all the EXTRA garbage that came as an OEM build.
Sorry for the long story, but everyone needs to look at their states hidden bills that are in motion as we speak today. Our rights are being taken away from us, and the pres just signed another bill yesterday giving the EPA more authorities over "the clean air act". So everyone needs to look at what is instored for us and get ready for a fight for our rights.

Maximo

I know, LordMaximo, I see it coming too. Generally, what happens in California ends up happening across the country a few years later. I really fear that some day we will be legislated out of existance. The tree huggers are a powerful force.

Don

california isnt too bad guys, but there are some bad things in motion. everything 76 and back is smog exempt, so basically, i can do anything i want to my 63. Right now they are trying to pass new smog laws for everything post 76 that is 15 years or older. Super strict and very bad, will destroy a lot of valuble cars.

Latest posts

Back