welder recepticle to window ac plug

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll probably have to change the cord end on the a/c. I've never seen an adapter to mate those.

Is it already that warm over there or are you just looking ahead?

I built my own adapter. Get a outlet that fits the ac plug and a plug like fits the welder. Wire the plug to the outlet with a length of 10/2 wire with ground. When you want ac plug it into adaptor and plug yhat to 220 outlet. When you need the welder just unplug the adapter. Been running mine that way for years .

I built my own adapter. Get a outlet that fits the ac plug and a plug like fits the welder. Wire the plug to the outlet with a length of 10/2 wire with ground. When you want ac plug it into adaptor and plug yhat to 220 outlet. When you need the welder just unplug the adapter. Been running mine that way for years .

bama nailed what i was going to say. i guess the southern boys think alike. lol

Me too. (I’m a displaced southern boy.) You could also wire in a 30 AMP breaker in your adapter, which is about what the A/C would call for, I think.

[Edited: Duh! I see now that you said it is a 20 AMP A/C.]

Earthman, you definitely want to add a 20 amp breaker or fuse between the welder receptacle and your 20 amp receptacle for the A/C. If not the # 12 wire and the A/C unit are not being protected properly. Electrical fire waiting to happen. Wire from welding plug to 20 amp breaker or fuse should be a minimum #8, since it is being protected by a 50 amp breaker, or at least it should be.

Latest posts

Back