:::ROUND 1::: Sam Fear's Big Big Photo Contest - Official Submission Thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
OFFICIAL SUBMISSION THREAD - ROUND ONE

Round one will be closed at 3:00AM May 23rd.

QUICK AND DIRTY RULES: for the lazy reader
----------------------------
***All entries must be a photo taken by you*** no matter how long ago.
Please, no bigger than 1024x1024 pixels. At least 500 pixels one direction.
There is very limited photo editing allowed. (see rules thread)
No more than 3 pics posted per round. Only the last will be judged.
Amateurs only.
There are subject matter restrictions. In general it's rats, traditionals, kustoms, and your shop.
No profanity, pets, or people.

Full RULES can be found here: RULES
If you don't read them, don't be surprised if you get disqualified.
If you have rules questions, ask in the Rules Thread please.

THEME:
--------
Open. No Theme this time.

\\\Stuff With Wheels\\\ (or had wheels!)
Ratrods, traditionals, kustoms, old stock... of course!! Muscle cars, street rods, newer Harleys, billet... eh, not so much. Kustom bicycles, wagons, cafe racers, or even old Cushman's... why not? I know there is a lot of cross over stuff, so there are no hard and fast rules here. A Easter egg painted 32 Ford with 22's - no. A rat with 22's - sure. A ratted out Celica- uh..OK... but, don't be surprised if it still doesn't get chosen. If you take a detail pic of the banjo steering wheel of that Easter egg 32 Ford, it could be a winner - if you can't see the rest, it doesn't matter, does it?

\\\The Shop\\\
Scenes and stuff from around your shop could be cool. It just needs to be vehicle related. Motorcycle parts, tools, grinding dust, used oil cans.... if it's about building a rat it could make a cool pic!

Don't just post up a side shot of your ride, show me some details! Get creative! Make me see it the way you do. Odd angles, reflections, neat backgrounds, cool paint, greasy parts, yard art, car part art, a line of kustoms, make me want to see more!! A row of tools in the morning sun, a dent in the side of a pinstriped door, a forgotten relic drug from the dirt, a shredded drag slick laying on top a rusty 53 Caddy shell... Show me a picture that tells me a story!!!!

GET READY..... GO!!!!!!

Last edited:
Someone Has To Be First

MC20018_zpsbrxwswyc.jpg

It won't win any prizes but i just really loved this bike.
50 years ago i wasn't a big picture taker so this is all i have :p

Only thing that might make it some what cool is it's 51 BMW i drug home form germany and chopped :eek: the bemmer world didn't like me much[S

I'm sure one of you can come up with some thing more cool :rolleyes:

Well thanks for getting the ball rolling Soltz!

3 things:. Cool pic. It caused me to post the Quick Rules at the top of this contest. And....your pic violates because there is a person in it. Sorry. 2 more chances this round.

EDIT: Since I didn't have the quick rules posted, you still have three chances.

No person, no pets rule because I don't want us all voting for a picture with a woman with two kittens in her bra. You know how guys like cat pictures.

Soltz, your Sprint is one of the most out of the box builds on RRR, on the internet for that matter, go get a picture of it! So what if it's got a cracked windshield, it's freakin' chopped!! Heck, take a pic of the cracks and show everyone what frustration looks like.

Last edited:

Here is a picture of my projects that I had lined up about 3 years ago.
Closest is my 64 C10 that is my 1st vehicle my dad gave me 26 years ago.
Next is my 68 C10 LWB that I restored, it sports a 350 with 3 on the tree.
Beside that is my 51 Chevy AD Rat, it has a 425ci Caddy with TH400.
Furthest away is a 36 Chevy 2 door Sedan I picked up for a project.

Yes its an all Chevy lineup and my yard was happy at that time. :)

Thanks Sam_Fear, that's what i get for not reading all the information and thanks for the kind words.
Now i'll go to the rules thread and read some :(

This contest is meant to be for amateurs like most of us RRR guys. So now there are easy to follow Quick Rules at the top of the contest page (My thanks to Soltz for being the guinea pig). The Quick Rules should cover most everything unless you get into editing photos. (But it wouldn't hurt to skim the full rules.)

The Full Detailed Rules on the RULES page are more so we don't get into problems with people that know photoshop dominating, others being offended, or just poor sportsmanship.

I got this idea from another web site (not cars) and it was amazing how badly some people can act. Just think of how ugly this contest could get on some of the other car sites!!!

attachment.php

I took this shot in 1982. It's my best friend's '52 and a resurrected survivor from his family's farm. When I say survivor, I mean it. His uncle owned seven of these trucks and rolled six of them... wreck one, buy another. (He was a little wild and drank a bit back then.)

No.7 made it out alive. "Uncle Salty" eventually quit the booze and rebuilt the flathead for the project. Some of the previous six trucks donated parts and pieces. It hasn't changed since, though I've been prodding him (for years) to give it the 460 treatment...

Attachments

• scan0021.jpg
    scan0021.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 159
"No more than 3 pics posted per round. Only the last will be judged."

What that means is, you can post up to 3 pics, but only one (the last one) will be considered for the contest. The idea behind this is: If you post a pic for entry in the contest and then a week later have a better idea, you can change your entry by posting a second pic. That cancels out the first pic.

The reason for only 3 is because someone would abuse it and keep posting picture after picture until they got one that everybody liked.

Ironrat, if you want and since we're new to this, let me know which one of the three pics you like best. Otherwise the last is your entry.

Last edited:
Sam - Thanks, I think the last is the best of the three. The Bike is a boring pic. the 2nd is a bit out of focus now that I see it posted here.

This contest should be fun.

Lets Try This Agian

45 Willys CJ-2 wanted to build something my age, not a lot of choice from that year.
302 Ford, dual quads, open zommies, C-4,pinto front suspension suicided. :eek:
My introduction to this site build, best move i've made in awhile.

I did not add the star on the horn ring, it just showed up [S
The plate is an original calif. 1945, there hard to find also.

Sam_Fear, thanks for the contest, i think it's going be interesting if everyone participates. [S

Build20097_zpsrf9giw71.jpg

Why you should be afraid of the dark [ddd

attachment.php

Attachments

• Night shot Eddie Shawn Stirewalt Jim cropped.jpg
    Night shot Eddie Shawn Stirewalt Jim cropped.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 162
Man am I excited!!!! Had a e-mail exchange with Bonehead and one of his cool skull shift knobs is gonna be 1st prize. No pic of it because he said he'd probably make a new one. Very cool!!

So, if some of you newer RRR members don't know Bonehead, he's one of the Original Dirty Dozen that's been at RRR since the beginning. His builds and art are amazing.
Check it here:Dead or Alive build
and here:Bonehead Art Some really cool Western Art further in the thread.

Below is an example of his skull work. I'm not saying the grand prize is gonna be that insane (those skulls don't come cheap!) but guaranteed whatever he does, it will be a one of a kind and something you'll be dang proud to have!

rattyhood1.jpg

This is not the prize! It's only an example of Bonehead's art.
If that doesn't make you wanna grab your camera's I don't know what will!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back