'37 1 3/4T is on the road

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got wood?

Well i hate to put any more new wood on it. I priced reclaimed barn wood brought here from other parts of the country. It was $10 a foot.

I have some funky old AZ aged wood (dry rain and hot sun) that came off a trailer I had years ago. Some of it is warped, but there are some straight pieces if you wanted to make some "vintage" sides for it? Mostly 2x6. :)

Thanks 26T and Lowbuck. Dave i would want one inch wood. I would like to get up to the ghost towns to find the real stuff and replace all this new wood.

Well okay. There's some nice white picket fencing along 89A around Peeples Valley. But you might get shot at up there. ;) LOL

E-man, what do you think of my re-olding boards dream, by sandblasting your new boards, maybe blasting the ends of the boards a little more aggressively to roughen them up and then staining them with the greyest tone you can find.
I have not really tried this so I need a guinea pig who doesn't live to close to me so there's no physical repercussions.
Keep on tinkering.

Last edited:
E-man, what do you think of my re-olding boards dream, by sandblasting your new boards, maybe blasting the ends of the boards a little more aggressively to roughen them up and then staining them with the greyest tone you can find.
I have not really tried this so I need a guinea pig who doesn't live to close to me so there's no physical repercussions.
Keep on tinkering.

I thought about distressing the wood MM and trying to make it look old but i think i will live with it untill i find some old stuff.

Cool truck sir, I vote for the aged wood. Perhaps a barn built in 1937, just to keep all the numbers matching.............Sorta like this bad boy

Attachments

• Edison_Museum_31.jpg
    Edison_Museum_31.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back