41 ford chop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkmosch

can you chop my 41 ford an flame it
thanks pkmosch

Attachments

• 2003-01-01 02.39.12.jpg
    2003-01-01 02.39.12.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 2003-01-01 02.39.44.jpg
    2003-01-01 02.39.44.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 47
I really need to get my Photoshop back. New system won't run older version without more messing around than I have done so far. No spare change to upgrade.

I think the chop needs to be a little less severe on a sedan like this one. Maybe even a bit more in the back than the front would help. The butt on this type of Ford is so "big" already, that a straight on level chop makes it look even bigger. To me anyway.

If you decide to chop it, there's a lot more to a turtle back than cutting pieces out of the top alone.
Here's a link to one done right on this site.
41-ford-sedan-chop

X's 2^^^^
Not to be discouraging but......
These sedans are some of the most involved to chop and get it to look right.
I saw a post of one done overseas and the guy removed the entire area that surrounds the the trunk lid and rebuilt it to get it right. And as the above post shows some go as far as to shorten up the rear fenders and then there is the question of adding a filler piece to the top or leaning back the windshield posts.
Lots to think about before cutting. Not for the faint of heart...
Post a build thread so we can follow along.
Torchie.

I'll say it again.....not every car has to be chopped.
Chopping a fat fender car, especially a sedan, makes them look too long.
Just my opinion, yours may vary...............

1 out of 100 chopped fat fender sedans even get close to a good look, and that is a pretty generous estimate. These Fords are best left alone, especially for all but the most design savvy. I have seen them chopped by some of the best and they still don't look quite "right". The one on the HAMB is done about the best way you can, but the shorter rear fenders still throw off the proportions IMO. Even the coupes are tough! Just not a body or era that lends itself to easy modifications. Henry got them right! I wouldn't even recommend the flames. They look WAY better in stock trim and hammered on the ground with a ever-so-slight hot rod rake. Can't go wrong with that...

The one on the hamb has a ton of great fab work going on...and it still looks off a bit. Looks like the the rear of the roof is too high and that makes the car look like it is bent right at the firewall...kind a like you took it off a dukes of hazard jump and bent the nose up. I say leave the fat roofed Fords alone.

If I were to try and chop one of those, I think I'd lean the back forward all the way down to the bottom of the trunk. Talk about some fab work!

Latest posts

Back