Motor Monday... whatcha got?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9e3Tsej.jpg

At the other end of the food chain. Yesterday I picked up this 4.0 liter Jeep straight six. By boring .030" and using a 4.2 liter crankshaft along with stroker pistons, 280 cu. in. is achieved. Mildly hopped up, this combination can produce over 300 hp.

A person could build a nostalgia front engine dragster and run in the 10's with such an engine.:D

Attachments

• Jeep apart 002.jpg
    Jeep apart 002.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 16
At the other end of the food chain. Yesterday I picked up this 4.0 liter Jeep straight six. By boring .030" and using a 4.2 liter crankshaft along with stroker pistons, 280 cu. in. is achieved. Mildly hopped up, this combination can produce over 300 hp.

A person could build a nostalgia front engine dragster and run in the 10's with such an engine.:D
Very cool. Those engines run good!!

Where did you get a fool idea like that? [ddd

A fool and his ideas are not soon parted. Whatever the heck that means. Can't fault a guy for wanting to build a little different engine. Maybe the local steel yard will have a sale on tubing. Ya never know...[cl

I could build an engine test stand, with big tires on the back and little ones on the front. Possibly a seat and some protection around it.:D

"Early 1960s engine was made for heavy trucks when gasoline was cheap"
Never a truer statement has been made [ddd

Buicks experimenal 425 Nailhead, fed by 3 Carter YH carbs and a single turbo, it made 620 ft/lbs. Because nothing for driveline at the time could hang with it, the project was sidelined and we're left wondering what could have been.

74814944_445986072761921_3770641047168745472_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back