33 more dr dodge /need ideas please

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
got it for a song,, any ideas,,
[pic of black one maybe??
pics of 4dr rusty one's mine
thanks,,later:confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• craigs list stuff 106.jpg
    craigs list stuff 106.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 61
  • craigs list stuff 105.jpg
    craigs list stuff 105.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 30
  • craigs list stuff 107.jpg
    craigs list stuff 107.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 26
  • dodge in backyard 2.jpg
    dodge in backyard 2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 49
  • dodge in backyard 1.jpg
    dodge in backyard 1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 52
That Black one looks like 32--front doors are not suicide. Yours looks like they suicide- 33-34--much cooler.. I'm working on a 33 Dodge PU--the same as a chopped off sedan. I bet your sedan has the same back as the PU.

A mordoor rat would sure have its place if ya got kids or friends. I'd like to have one to haul the grandkids around..

Its all blue sky--looks like a good starting point..

Another Rat MoPar..

PA41

Attachments

• 33dodgepu 108.jpg
    33dodgepu 108.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 33dodgepu 113.jpg
    33dodgepu 113.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 46
doggy dogde

l want a 4 link w/pan hard bar rearend but if l can't afford or build one cheeep
i'll do leafs springs,, i f s in front with discs,,, small block chevy since l have 3.. 700R4 and a ford 9";; figured that out last couple days ;;[;) later

keep the four door style. i find they got that extra lil touch that makes 'em that much more better in my eyes. but hey... i mean, its really what you like.

i'm trying to decide if i keep my 29 4 door stock height, chop top, wire wheels or wooden, keep original flat 4 or upgrade to maybe slant 6 keeping it mopar????

it would look classy keeping her more stock, but then again, in my eyes.... i could turn her into a sweet rod. so i'm still going back and forth in my decision. these are the vital steps cuz once i hit that point of no return, i gotta stick with it, or there was no point in going as far as i have.

tho just to keep ya interested, i'm leaning toward making one mean ride of her ;)

Are you going to extend the front , suicide , or leave the axle inboard ? It will be very long if extended. My 2 door model A sedan has an extended front with a 127" wheel base and still turns well and is easy to park , the added length makes for a very stable ride at speed

Why IFS in the front? Not too bash or anything, but I am sure some will agree with me, it'll be very hard to make an IFS front look good with no fenders... unless you plan to run fenders then please disregard.

If it were me, leave it unchopped, with a slight rake to the front, run a solid axle up front possibly on parrallel leafs, c notch the frame in the rear (run whatever ya want, 4 link, leafs), and channel the body 3-4", I wouldnt lower it a whole lot maybe 2-3" just enough to notice type thing... but thats me.

Why IFS in the front? Not too bash or anything, but I am sure some will agree with me, it'll be very hard to make an IFS front look good with no fenders... unless you plan to run fenders then please disregard.

If it were me, leave it unchopped, with a slight rake to the front, run a solid axle up front possibly on parrallel leafs, c notch the frame in the rear (run whatever ya want, 4 link, leafs), and channel the body 3-4", I wouldnt lower it a whole lot maybe 2-3" just enough to notice type thing... but thats me.

This is Livingdeadguy's 34/w a Nova IFS clip.
jzea09.jpg

What does it look like from the front?

Edit: Sorry after rereading that it sounds a little rude... I didnt mean it that way at all, was just curious as the side view doesnt really show any of the front suspension at all. Not too affraid to admit I am wrong, just have seen a few on S10 frames with IFS and I havent been a fan of it at all... Not trying to take another websites hard nose stance on issues as such.

Last edited:
ifs

What does it look like from the front?

livingdeadman, that 34 dodge looks NICE!!![cl[dr:D

THANKS TO EVERBODY FOR THE INPUT!!

there are some good ideas, l think l have made my mind up to cut 16" out and shorten her.

haven't got the frame under it yet. looking at a 1989 toyota truck 2wd frame l can pick up for free.

found these pics of how l want the body to be like, these 34 dodge was started in 2007, l do not know if he ever finished it.

l hope this don't sound rude , the question is: is every one going to drive the car or me, or in the case of your'e car, just you? l do not like the way a front end sraight axle car drives and rides, me personally, if you like a staight axle and you drive it and like the handling of the car, that is cool, who else matters but the person who drives it most the time.[ if'n the grammer or tone ain't rite, blames thet public edumacation, hahahaha]

lastly, some sites won't even allow you discuss or show pics of I F S type front-ends. here is the problem l have: they complain about I F S is not traditional, THEN PUT 4 LINK IN THE REAR-END!! correct me if l am wrong, but how is a 4 link traditional. {that is a discussin question, not a pot stirring question, again, it's that curious mind of mine gettin' me in trouble}
[l hope that don't sound to bad]

later:D

Attachments

• IMG_1102%20copy.jpg
    IMG_1102%20copy.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 15
  • before%20it%20is%20cut%20copy.jpg
    before%20it%20is%20cut%20copy.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 10
  • blown%20apart.jpg
    blown%20apart.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 7