1934 Plymouth five window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the raising of my motor and transmission I got more ground clearance, but created some brackettery problems. Slowly I've been raising the mounts that I had previously made on the bellhousing cross-member. Today was the clutch and brake pedal mounting bracket. It's been cut apart and remade, two and a quarter inches higher and one quarter inch rearward, then primed and painted.
Dozer are you cranked up to go to Lethbridge next week-end? [dr

With the raising of my motor and transmission I got more ground clearance, but created some brackettery problems. Slowly I've been raising the mounts that I had previously made on the bellhousing cross-member. Today was the clutch and brake pedal mounting bracket. It's been cut apart and remade, two and a quarter inches higher and one quarter inch rearward, then primed and painted.
Dozer are you cranked up to go to Lethbridge next week-end? [dr

You bet Hoping the weather breaks for us a bit.:D

The pedals are mounted in the car and are 1/8" too far ahead [with no adjustment method]. Now there's the little stuff to do. I'm making an adjustable clutch linkage and rebuilding the pin holes so they are the right size and shape. I will need to mount a return spring on the clutch assembly. Then there is the brake actuator rod to engineer and build.

Attachments

• IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2101.jpg
    IMG_2101.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2099.jpg
    IMG_2099.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 22
The pedals are mounted in the car and are 1/8" too far ahead [with no adjustment method]. Now there's the little stuff to do. I'm making an adjustable clutch linkage and rebuilding the pin holes so they are the right size and shape. I will need to mount a return spring on the clutch assembly. Then there is the brake actuator rod to engineer and build.

It's the "little" stuff that takes all the time Mac.
As far as the pedal distance goes....Thicker soles on your shoes.[ddd
[P [P [P
Torchie

Torchie, for two reasons, I don't want to nail two-by-fours on the bottoms of my feet. It hurts like the dickens, and the brake pedal rod screeches down the tin floor now so I have to trim the hole in the floor a wee bit. [;) But thank you for the thought. [ddd

Torchie, for two reasons, I don't want to nail two-by-fours on the bottoms of my feet. It hurts like the dickens, and the brake pedal rod screeches down the tin floor now so I have to trim the hole in the floor a wee bit. [;) But thank you for the thought. [ddd

Super glue works with out the pain. :D

Three days and counting

I just have my leg guys make me a longer one.:eek::cool:[ddd
Torchie

Actually I've never thought about lengthening my legs as they are ridiculously long now, [sometimes a problem when making a '30's hotrod].
We are cranked right up, Dozer, to get to the swap-meet. We'll start out Thursday afternoon. Four of us are coming from Grande Prairie.

Actually I've never thought about lengthening my legs as they are ridiculously long now, [sometimes a problem when making a '30's hotrod].
We are cranked right up, Dozer, to get to the swap-meet. We'll start out Thursday afternoon. Four of us are coming from Grande Prairie.

Me too, I'm hoping the weather system that is coming in Friday isn't too bad. :(

This will be one of those weird progress reports. I had engineered and built a pivoting lever and rod brake actuating system that was kinda complicated, and then installed it. Late this afternoon, I looked at the almost finished product and a thought flashed through my mind. If I'm a little bit unconvinced about this contraption, what will some mamby-bamby inspector think of it. So I ripped it all out and started Imagineering all over again. I've got a simpler plan now, ---- I think.
I didn't take any pictures of this regression, and it sounds like I couldn't have uploaded them anyhow.
I didn't get to meet Dozer at Lethbridge, dang, and I was looking forward to that.

Last edited:
I hear ya, spend hours on idea, design, and execution, only to sit and [S and start over:confused:

And yes I was looking forward to meeting as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back