28 Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my short block back, running lines right now, got the rear end installed for the last time. I'll get some more done tomorrow and maybe have something to take some pics. Stay tuned, starting to show some progress.

Haven't posted in a while, got some more done. Master cyl mounted under dash, plumbed. Started putting the steering back together and figured out the aukerman was way off, moving the steering rod behind the axle to get things working right. Thanks to Bennie on here I have the correct steering arms to do it right. Got the engine together all except pushrods. They are going to be custom length so that's going to suck. Got everything insulated floor wise, might just put rubber mat on it, haven't decided. Set the engine and trans in today, shot a couple pics.

Attachments

• 20190404_184049.jpg
    20190404_184049.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190404_184112.jpg
    20190404_184112.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 38
I'd done had it sorted out if I paid more attention when I took it a part. So much was screwed up guess I didn't pay attention. My wife says I do that a lot.

to doc

No. Did vht get the project from you?

Chico and the man-- from 1974- 1978 tv show about a grumpy garage/shop owner and hispanic kid working there. it was his catch phrase and the more emotional Freddy was the longer the OOO's were when he said looking good.

Freddy Prinze & Jack Albertson in the starring role with appearances by Scatman Crothers, Della Reese, Charo and many others over the 4 year run.

sucks when l have ta explain my quotes to the "kids"[ddd

Later:cool:

Attachments

• looking-good.jpg
    looking-good.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 18
Chico and the man-- from 1974- 1978 tv show about a grumpy garage/shop owner and hispanic kid working there. it was his catch phrase and the more emotional Freddy was the longer the OOO's were when he said looking good.

Freddy Prinze & Jack Albertson in the starring role with appearances by Scatman Crothers, Della Reese, Charo and many others over the 4 year run.

sucks when l have ta explain my quotes to the "kids"[ddd

Later:cool:

It's a sign of aging skull. :eek: [ddd
I remember that show well. Josie Feliciano sang the theme song. It was an off shoot of Freddy Prinze's stand up routine where he talks about Latinos and their low riders with the "Bobble Head" Chihuahuas dogs in the rear window.
A trivia fact. Scatman Crothers was a accomplished Jazz drummer.
Torchie

Been working on the steering, tried 2 sets of steering arms that wouldn't work. I ended up reworking a pair of flat ones, switched sides, pie cut and brought them in. I needed to drop the steering rod down so it would go through the radius rods, ended up cutting a 1 inch piece off a section 1/4 in wall tubing I had and made spacers. Welded them to the steering arms and welded a plate over where I pie cut them. As far as the correct ackerman I'm good now. Does anyone know where you can buy separate spring leafs? Mine has 4 plus the little short leaf and it could use a couple more. BBC with steel heads is heavy! Need to get that done so I can make shock mounts. I'll get more pics shortly, soon as I accomplish something to take one of.

I'd done had it sorted out if I paid more attention when I took it a part. So much was screwed up guess I didn't pay attention. My wife says I do that a lot.

Cool build V. My wife says similar stuff to me. :)
Like'n Chico & Man stuff Skull. Also like Sanford Doc. No splain'n needed here. :cool:

tracked down some spring leaves. went after them when I got back from church, cleaned them up, started putting the spring together and the threads stripped on the only spring bolt I had. Good thing I'd went to church. T reamed all the holes out to 3/8 and reinforced the cross member it fits up in and come to the house. Continues until tomorrow.

Does anyone know where you can buy separate spring leafs?

Got a spring shop nearby? There's two here... they've got everything to make leaf springs from scratch... I'm sure a leaf or two isn't a problem if you give them the size(s) required...

Latest posts

Back