1935 vintage modified turned street legal race car 0R here we go again

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exausting

exhaust is finished, but to late at night to fire it and see how it sounds, SO, tomorrow we shall light it off and see how much the auger style muffler helped. welded a tab on the muffler to help drive it in the coupler we used to hook it up to the Y-pipe, did not have to worry about hurting that muffler, the sucker is 1/4 steel.

also fixed the pesky leak where the full floating housing meets the outer axle flange.

still waiting on the rear tires, ordered them monday, should be here by friday, but the front tires & wheels look good.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• e003.jpg
    e003.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 23
  • e004.jpg
    e004.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 23
  • e005.jpg
    e005.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 24
  • e001.jpg
    e001.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 27
Man, that is just cool as heck! Personally, I would take out the offset, but hey, it ain't my car, so do what the guy wants. :D

rear-end

the 3:5O's finally showed up. rear-end soon to be re-furbished, nice kit from richmond, everthing to get it done right.

big tires, looks good, stuck on the bar and door panel to get idea, l like it.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• f001.jpg
    f001.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 30
  • f002.jpg
    f002.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 36
  • f003.jpg
    f003.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 35
  • f004.jpg
    f004.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 38
  • f006.jpg
    f006.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 36
  • f007.jpg
    f007.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 31
named

we call ir the "STUDERACER"[cl

l like that name, describes the car in one word.

still pluggin' away on wiring and waiting for ONE bloody headlight to arrive.

car will be at "heat on the street" in Elma WA on August 1st for the debut, first car show since we turned into a street rod.

headlights

finally, both headlights arrived, l got one almost a week ago and the other one showed up today, ordered them at the same time so l have no idea why the delay on one of these suckers.[S

the are off kilter a little right now, once the car is level l will get them evened up.

ran the wires out he top, did not like it, l think they look better out of the bottom side.

pic of the brackets they sent, not bad, worked well for mounting the lights on the push bar/crash bar.

more wiring now, YAY:rolleyes:

Attachments

• g003.jpg
    g003.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 22
  • g001.jpg
    g001.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 24
  • g004.jpg
    g004.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 26
  • g005.jpg
    g005.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 23
  • g006.jpg
    g006.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 24
  • g007.jpg
    g007.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 23
  • g008.jpg
    g008.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 19
no

Just noticed, ya keeping the 200 mph tape on the windsheild[S

no, eventually going to removd it and silicone around for now, maybe later put in a safety glass windshield when the budget allows, my friend is getting down to the bottom of his "play" money.

sounds

the car has 31/2 collectors and cross-over headers funneling into a 8 inch Y-pipe then narrowing down to a 4 inch pipe running down the passenger side and the 4 inch muffler into a 4 inch turn down just in front of the rear-end.

the new muffler really helps alot, still raspy sounding but will be a tolerable enough level so the cops will be happy.[cl

still wiring, but real close to being done.

we got the rear-end all buttoned up with a rebuilt rear pumpkin & new 3:5O gears to help street manners.

should be test driving soon :D:D:D

WOW! I take a few weeks off, and you build another car. I think I'll go hide in my room from embarrassment.

Nice job! [cl

drive

drove off the trailer & up and down the driveway[cl:D

a little scary, drives really good, the power steering is surprisingly light on the wheel input and those wilwood 4 wheel disc brakes are nice and stop very well.

the 3:50's seem to work 0K and second gear you can take off and not stall the engine, really happy with the gear choice.

a very few little things are left, seat & some dash/lights/turn signal and brake light switches and we should be done.

not bad, one day over deadline.

big hit

first public car show and the people really liked it, two or three people are thinking about building one of these cars.........[cl:D

there are a couple of roller chassis on craigslist here and it would be cool to see a few more of these on the road, l think that would rock.

pics at the show in elma at early enough to not have crowds around it.

Attachments

• elma002.jpg
    elma002.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 66
  • elma003.jpg
    elma003.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 60
  • elma006.jpg
    elma006.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 57
  • elma008.jpg
    elma008.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 57
0regon

Wind & Waves at seaside sept 2O15, the street legal sprint car and the street legal vintage modified "looking" at each other[P

Attachments

• !!!1.jpg
    !!!1.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 59
four speed

my friend scored big time:eek:

bought a super T1O four speed out of a buick for $5O.OO.

well then l suppose a tranny change is in the future.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 10
my friend scored big time:eek:

bought a super T1O four speed out of a buick for $5O.OO.

well then l suppose a tranny change is in the future.

Skull, cross you fingers and check the spline count.
Buick had a tranny out that had a 23 count spline and you absolutely can not buy a yoke for them anymore anywhere.
Ask me how I know this :eek: I just went thru this last summer :(:mad:
The only thing you can do is change the output shaft to a 24 count GM. It will then use the same yoke as turbo 350 at $400 later.

Latest posts

Back