Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow, the dash and gauges are in great shape.

Indeed OI.
It's rare to find a Dodge. Mostly Plymouths out there.
Other then the front seat There is a ton of parts I could use from that car.
The fenders are in much better shape then mine as is the area around the base of the trunk.
Not to mention all the little stuff like interior visors ,windshield trim, etc. that I am missing.
Plus the stone shields on the rear fenders as well as the rocker panel trim. The list goes on and on....
I'll be watching this one for sure.
Torchie

Sunday in the shop with Torchie.

Working my way around the rear window.
2-1/2 hours later. About half way there.:eek: [;) [;) [;)
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 29
More of the [;) [;) [;) and grinding this evening now that it stay light later.[cl [cl
The rear window area is done on the PS
Tomorrow I will weld more of the body cuts on the PS. Then move over to the DS.
I tried to get into the trunk to do some of this, but have to crouch over to weld. The back said NO.:eek:
Keep on keeping on.......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 17
Moving forward.

Usually when I get down on the ground to work I have to take off the fake leg. The Dodge is up on rollers so I could get my legs under it.
When ever I do this my wife asks me if it's a good idea to which I reply. Getting down is easy. I just fall. It's the getting back up again part that's hard.":p
Welded up the PS quarter panel and part of the rear fender well.
Took about 45 minutes to do the section of quarter panel. No warpage at all.:D
The best part of the fender wells is no grinding.[cl
The PS is good and stable now.
Every once in a while I can almost weld like I used to.:eek: [;)
Thanks for stopping by....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 27
This is so freakin' cool. [P[P[P

Thanks skip!

Welding better after the eye surgery? The progress looks good.[cl[P[P

Yes and no kenny. I still need magnifiers for up close work but everything appears brighter now. At this point in my life I just look at my welding as being like me. Ugly but still strong enough..:eek:[ddd
Good thing I'm handy with a grinderl.
Doing the best I can....
Torchie

If I sit like that, I might as well spend the night there, my lower back just will not let me get up. That was the second reason I got a lift, first reason is I wanted it :D
[;)[;)[;)
[P[P[P

If I sit like that, I might as well spend the night there, my lower back just will not let me get up. That was the second reason I got a lift, first reason is I wanted it :D
[;)[;)[;)
[P[P[P

LOL.
That was the lesser of two evils for me OI. I tried sitting on my short rolling stool, But the angle was all wrong. At this point I need to be looking directly level at the cut I'm welding. Not below looking up or above looking down. And even then......:eek:
One of the unmentioned reasons it took so long to weld that area was that about every 3 minutes I had to roll over on my side and straighten out.:eek:
Like I said. Every time I get down on the floor my wife asks the same thing."Is that really necessary".:eek: [ddd
Torchie.
p.s. I'm sitting in my wheel chair at my desk as I post. After stunts like that my wheel chair is about the only comfortable place I have.:eek:

You're sorta like the Queen, Torchie, you have a vast loyal following that you have to keep happy. So the heck with the pain and hardships; keep building hotrods so your subjects will be happy. :D[dr:D[P

As I have been cutting out metal to chop and section this car I have been throwing the pieces into it. Cleaned it all out this morning.
This is the pile of left overs that you get from a project like this.
NEVER scrap anything until the project is done.:D
Torchie.

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 23