Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've all seen ads claiming, "All the hard work is done." Most are hack jobs and the seller is looking to cut his losses without saying, "I have no idea what I'm doing. I saw it on TV and thought it was easy." :rolleyes:

Your work (past and present) defies that BS.

Keep on keeping on...

LOL.
Crank. Nothing sets my BS meter off like "All the hard work is done" except for "Trust me on this one. It's really a deal."
Thanks gang. In my world when the Drs says "everything is stable" it's a ray of sunshine.
Bummed that I didn't get out to the shop today. Going to hit it hard tomorrow as on Sunday I have to help my car buddy change out an alternator on his HHR. From what I've read it looks like a PITA. Undoing one of the engine mounts and jacking up the engine...etc..:eek:
We shall see.
Torchie

Glad to hear that the Dr's (not Crank this time) said you are doing good!
Your story of the HHR reminded me of this concern that somebody had posted on a pacemaker site.....so I thought I better caution you!! LOL. I can't believe the way that some people think....or in this case don't!

Well I bough a new car on Friday and on Tuesday my alternator went out. I have heard that the Alternator would interfere with my pacemaker so I had the guy at discount auto parts bring the part out to my car and I had it put as far away from me as possible. Now my father in law swears that it does not have any magnets in it and that it does not put of a magnetic field so I was hoping maybe someone here would know if it was true or not.

Glad to hear that the Dr's (not Crank this time) said you are doing good!
Your story of the HHR reminded me of this concern that somebody had posted on a pacemaker site.....so I thought I better caution you!! LOL. I can't believe the way that some people think....or in this case don't!

Well I bough a new car on Friday and on Tuesday my alternator went out. I have heard that the Alternator would interfere with my pacemaker so I had the guy at discount auto parts bring the part out to my car and I had it put as far away from me as possible. Now my father in law swears that it does not have any magnets in it and that it does not put of a magnetic field so I was hoping maybe someone here would know if it was true or not.

LOL. Bill.
I bet they told him he couldn't mig weld either.:D :p [ddd
Torchie

Very good news on the 6 month appointment.
I've got one stalled project because of the hassle the two paint and body guys I used caused me.
I just can't seem to get moving on it again. Oh well

I have a stalled project because I got too fat to fit in it. :eek: I think I'll go work on it and then look for a skinny person that will love it. Its a great deal, and all the hard work is done. :D

Here we go.....

Some days i can almost work like I used to.[ddd
Today was one of those days. Started at 8 a.m and finished at 8 p.m.
Finished welding solid the roof .
Ground everything down.
Scuffed with 40 grit on a DA.
Epoxy primered.
First coat of Short strand kitty hair fiberglass filler.
Plus.....
Changed out the alternator on my buddies HHR with out having to pull the PS motor mount and jack up the engine.:D
The last 3 pics are the Dodge prior to the chop. With the chop. And with the chop and section.:)
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4518.jpg
    IMG_4518.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4584.jpg
    IMG_4584.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Sun finally came out and warmed things up so I went out to the shop.
Knocked off more of the reinforced filler. Gave it all another coat of sealer then some cheapie enamel over the top of that.
Even though this will be tarped once rolled outside I don't want anything to rust.
That may happen tomorrow as we are supposed to get snow again on Thursday.:eek:
Thanks for looking in....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 32
Thanks Gang.:D
I'm not sure I'm pushing it outside today as we are supposed to get snow and storms again on Thursday.:(
Here's a better pic of it.:)
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 28
No don't do that....

Thanks Gang.:D
I'm not sure I'm pushing it outside today as we are supposed to get snow and storms again on Thursday.:(
Here's a better pic of it.:)
Torchie

Can't believe it can be 65 one day and snow two days later... PURE MICHIGAN!!
as always you do good work...

Latest posts

Back