600 or 650?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
The motor I just put in the Nova doesn't seem to have the same punch as it did when I had it in the Chevelle so I checked what carb it had & it was an Edlebrock 500 & I had an Edle 750 on it B4! Don't need that much carb now so thinking 600 or 650 Edlebrock. Anyone know the difference or have a preference!?

BoB

If i had to buy, i'd probably go with 600, or what ever might be on the shelf, or try some horse trading [S
good luck with it

If i had to buy, i'd probably go with 600, or what ever might be on the shelf, or try some horse trading [S
good luck with it

The 600 is about $100 cheaper but always wondered why they would make 2 carbs that close together in size?!

BoB

What's the engine displacement? Cam, intake, approximate horsepower? Heads?

A stock 350 will run plenty well on a 570. If it's modified you might want a little more but not a huge carb. I've got a Demon 650 on my 455 and it works great.

I'm not an Edelbrock fan as I've seen a big difference between old worn out Holley carbs and new Edelbrocks on the same engine, in favour of the Holley.

However, as you seem to be set on one, choose it based on your displacement and modifications.

The 600 is about $100 cheaper but always wondered why they would make 2 carbs that close together in size?!

BoB

Ya go figure, sounds like something Holley would do :p

I ran dual 600's on the stock 302 in the willys, little ruff on the bottom but screamed at WOT :eek:

Bob, save yourself some money. We have bought probably 12 carburetors from these guys, and every one has been perfect:

http://www.allamericancarburetor.com/

They get about $ 225 for a remanufactured Edelbrock (any cfm) and they look brand new and run like new when you get them. They even redid the tripower Rochesters on my Sons 455 Olds, and all the linkage etc was replated. They also did the 750 Holley on my drag motor, again, it looks like brand new.

Can not recommend them enough. Every year at Turkey Run I pick up one or two carbs from them. Oh, and they test run them on an engine before shipping.

Don

Here is the 750 they did for me, and it was not good looking when I sent it to them:

Here is what it looked like when I sent it to them:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back