1969 Torino GT Cobra Jet barn find!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent a lot of time riding in a friends 68 when I was in school. His was a 289, I had a 67 Mustang 289 and would smack his a$$ every time we raced. Torino was heavier than the 'Stang, so the little 289 in his was working harder than mine was.:D

I have my 68 fairlane which is essentially the same car. Kind of have a soft spot for those big tanks!!

Spent a lot of time riding in a friends 68 when I was in school. His was a 289, I had a 67 Mustang 289 and would smack his a$$ every time we raced. Torino was heavier than the 'Stang, so the little 289 in his was working harder than mine was.:D

It's around 1972 and my brother and his friends are getting ready to roll out to Motor City dragway for a day of bracket racing. Lots of cars that are now considered Classic Muscle cars. 69 Baracudas. Road Runners. Mach one Mustangs. You get the picture.
One of my bro's buddies rolls up in a beater looking 4 door Torino.( Yep, they made some more doors). This thing is S$#& brindle brown with a matching colored vinyl interior. Looks like an insurance sales mans car.:p
I asked my brother who that guy was riding with and he told me he was going to race the car. I'm like"No way"..LOL
My bro walks over and pops the hood.You guessed it. Brand new Factory crate Super Cobra Jet 429 engine sitting in it.:eek:
It was the ultimate sleeper.[ddd :D :cool: Ahhh. The good old days.....
Torchie

I took my drivers test in a 4 door 73 Torino. Blue out and in, would have been a pretty car in a 2 door. Best I remember it had a 351 Cleveland in it.

I took my drivers test in a 4 door 73 Torino. Blue out and in, would have been a pretty car in a 2 door. Best I remember it had a 351 Cleveland in it.

My high school girlfriends brother drove a 73 2 door Torino Bama. Blue with a darker blue vinyl roof as I recall. It had a 351 in it. Nice car. A local guy I’m my old home town also had a Starsky and Hutch clone.
Torchie

Fun stuff. Did my driver training in 73 Torino 4dr, light green exterior, with the green vinyl interior. I remember the annoying ride along adult with the heavy foot on that annoying brake pedal that ran over to the passenger side.

Wanted to light up the tires, never got the chance :eek:

A staple in my family's vernacular... I can't say I've heard it anywhere else... are we related? [S :D

"Brothers from another mother" good Dr.[ddd:cool:
We used that term way back ( mid 70's to early 80's) in my body shop days when the big 3 decided to paint their cars some really fugly colors.:eek:
See you at the next family reunion.....
Torchie

Latest posts

Back