Alabama rats?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just west of mobile. Were spread out for sure

i take it your the only one in ya area,, the purist round here are ruff on folks like me,, seen a guy while back had a cool 32 chevy,, just up the road from me i mean a cool looking rat, got to talking to him,, he said he was going to finish it ,, told him looked finish to me , man ya should of seen the look i got, lol:cool:iam not well liked by the purist round here, i guess cause i am exceptable to their builds cause i like them all, and have good things to say bout their stuff, but they dont want to do the turn around on my stuff but its ok, i build it cause i like it all that matters!

There is 5 or 6 of us rats running around down here so far and a couple around being built. I had a guy yesterday tell me if i would have saved my money i could have found a newer truck i just laughed and said you reckon. Then he told me he really liked it. Only one guy complain about me parking next to his high dollar trailer queen and i think it was because no one was looking at his car they had there back to it.

There is 5 or 6 of us rats running around down here so far and a couple around being built. I had a guy yesterday tell me if i would have saved my money i could have found a newer truck i just laughed and said you reckon. Then he told me he really liked it. Only one guy complain about me parking next to his high dollar trailer queen and i think it was because no one was looking at his car they had there back to it.

lol thats funny,, but ya cant blame them for complaining tiny,, you got one sweet looking truck!!!!

Hombre here Yea I'm in the Albertville/Guntersville area. I have a couple of old Hot Rods don't like that label thing like "Rat" mainly becuase the dude who thought it up was talking down to all of "US".

Got to tell you outlaws a quick story: Last spring I was new to Alabama. I am a retired Marine and finally bought a little land and my home in Alabama after looking all over the country. My next door nieghbors son in law is a Disc Jockey and he told me about a cruise night held once a month at a Sonic in Boaz, Alabama. So on Saturday night I jump in the Model A and head down there to take a look. Parking lot is not full by any means as I was pretty early but there were a dozen or so mostly restored Camaro's and tri year chevys sprinkled around.

I find me a spot and park the little A Bone. Now you gotta know this, this little Model A I have owned for a very long time. I found it and dug it out of a dry creek bed in Farmesville Texas as a young Marine right after the Viet Nam war when I was changing duty stations from one side of the country to the other. It has been a running and driving Hot Rod sense about 1975 or so. Its been shiny and four or five different colors over the years. Today its satin and I like it just fine like that. I never did need to have anyone else tell me whats cool and whats not, I actually already know what I think is cool.

So I'm setting there at the sonic in Boaz and some lame D&$K dude comes up to me and says "We don't usually allow cars under construction here" In my most polite manor I inform him of a few things. One i don't know who these "WE'S" are as he is by heself and two since this is a public parking lot he is going to need every damn one of those "WE'S" he can round up to get me otta of that parking lot. He must have been a married man and loved his family becuase he disappeared and I didn't see him again. And I was the last one to leave that lot that night.

So I say I hate these damn labels. Usually they are put on people by up tight *****s that are more into "Exclusion" than "Inclusion" And thats also very true of a lot of the folks into the traditional Hot Rodding Scene. My Model A is not welcome at a lot of there shows as well. The killBillet shows are as bad as the trailer queen crowd. They have this list of rules that they want you to conform too. not me kiddies, I make my own rules for the cars I build with me own money. OK--OK I'm off of my soap box just that some of these folks and there labels get me fired up.

Roland

Attachments

• Wide Tires Model A 013 (Small).jpg
    Wide Tires Model A 013 (Small).jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Wide Tires Model A 011 (Small).jpg
    Wide Tires Model A 011 (Small).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 97
  • rightside (Small).jpg
    rightside (Small).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 71
  • frontview (Small).jpg
    frontview (Small).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 40cb_12.jpg
    40cb_12.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 66
Maybe we can all meet up at Flatbroke's one weekend and go cruising are maybe go to a cruise in up that way. There is four of us here in mobile but i cant seem to get those guys online. I'm sure thay would be interested in the ride.

Hombre I like the way you think :) I'm the same in alot of ways. I'm the one that has to like my truck. As long as i'm happy thats kinda all that matters. I have more fun in my truck going to wal mart with the wife i sit in the parking lot and have my own show. :) those are some sweet rides you have also.

Hombre here Yea I'm in the Albertville/Guntersville area. I have a couple of old Hot Rods don't like that label thing like "Rat" mainly becuase the dude who thought it up was talking down to all of "US".

Got to tell you outlaws a quick story: Last spring I was new to Alabama. I am a retired Marine and finally bought a little land and my home in Alabama after looking all over the country. My next door nieghbors son in law is a Disc Jockey and he told me about a cruise night held once a month at a Sonic in Boaz, Alabama. So on Saturday night I jump in the Model A and head down there to take a look. Parking lot is not full by any means as I was pretty early but there were a dozen or so mostly restored Camaro's and tri year chevys sprinkled around.

I find me a spot and park the little A Bone. Now you gotta know this, this little Model A I have owned for a very long time. I found it and dug it out of a dry creek bed in Farmesville Texas as a young Marine right after the Viet Nam war when I was changing duty stations from one side of the country to the other. It has been a running and driving Hot Rod sense about 1975 or so. Its been shiny and four or five different colors over the years. Today its satin and I like it just fine like that. I never did need to have anyone else tell me whats cool and whats not, I actually already know what I think is cool.

So I'm setting there at the sonic in Boaz and some lame D&$K dude comes up to me and says "We don't usually allow cars under construction here" In my most polite manor I inform him of a few things. One i don't know who these "WE'S" are as he is by heself and two since this is a public parking lot he is going to need every damn one of those "WE'S" he can round up to get me otta of that parking lot. He must have been a married man and loved his family becuase he disappeared and I didn't see him again. And I was the last one to leave that lot that night.

So I say I hate these damn labels. Usually they are put on people by up tight *****s that are more into "Exclusion" than "Inclusion" And thats also very true of a lot of the folks into the traditional Hot Rodding Scene. My Model A is not welcome at a lot of there shows as well. The killBillet shows are as bad as the trailer queen crowd. They have this list of rules that they want you to conform too. not me kiddies, I make my own rules for the cars I build with me own money. OK--OK I'm off of my soap box just that some of these folks and there labels get me fired up.

Roland
agreed,, the label thing is pretty must as you said,
you must has been a a crossroad cruisers car show,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Maybe we can all meet up at Flatbroke's one weekend and go cruising are maybe go to a cruise in up that way. There is four of us here in mobile but i cant seem to get those guys online. I'm sure thay would be interested in the ride.

Hombre I like the way you think :) I'm the same in alot of ways. I'm the one that has to like my truck. As long as i'm happy thats kinda all that matters. I have more fun in my truck going to wal mart with the wife i sit in the parking lot and have my own show. :) those are some sweet rides you have also.

that would be cool do a cross state thing,
i would like to invite yall to oneonta al.. once a year they have the covered bridge festival, bike and car show, , they shut down mainstreet and theres two streets of cars,, it would be really cool if there was a whole street of folks like us there this town need some real class !!!!,,!!:cool:

Tiny,
That might not be a bad idea after it warms up some.....

Plus I gotta get my trans fixed in the truck now.

We can derned sure work on that get together.

Tiny, Any cruise sounds fine with me. Just name a place I'll be there, hope the outcome is a little better than the one in my story though. I am after all a very sensitive person ;):rolleyes: And Tiny I think I remember your build isn't it the one with one suicide door?? If that is yours when I saw that it cracked me up, I said to myself " Now theres a guy who don't use no stinking labels. Glad you like mine real compliment coming from a guy with the moxie to swing one door backwards, Thanks Dude!!! I also do my own car shows and sometimes in the Wally world parking lot. Sometimes in the summer I make a little run over to the lake in Guntersville and just set in the parking lot at the boat ramp its amazing how many folks stop and talk.

Rev Tex, I really can't remember the name of the club who sponsers that cruise in Boaz, but it is some group from Gadsden.

Roland

yeah hombre.. it probly those guyds qwho hang outwith that big builder there in gadsden, that built the big dodge plymouth thinga mjig,ithink his name is johnson or something,, well yall i am still in the build stage, but it want be long i should be completely finish by warm weather1

Last edited:
Names stink

Roland

I'm with you, people come to my shop and the first thing they ask is "What color are you gonna paint it?" when I tell them I'm not going to then they say "Oh, its a rat rod". I tell them no its a dirt rod as in even if I could afford to build it different I'd still build it dirt cheap. Oh by the way Rev, I'm from out of Butler Alabama in choctaw co.

hey mwhit,, been there, butler alabama, when i was a kid, me and my dad painted the piggly wiggly there when it was new , i think or maybe redone, anyways stayed in a little hotel just down the road, i use to think i lived in a small town, till i went there,, lLOL nice to meet ya!

hey mwhit,, been there, butler alabama, when i was a kid, me and my dad painted the piggly wiggly there when it was new , i think or maybe redone, anyways stayed in a little hotel just down the road, i use to think i lived in a small town, till i went there,, lLOL nice to meet ya!

LOL yeah Rev its small......But the town I live in is even smaller....don't blink you'll miss it...Needham Alabama how far is Butler from your stompin' grounds?

Latest posts

Back