Followed me home!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBeNormal

Well it's not a rat but it was cheap and I figured it would be fun to run around in. It was nice to be able to pick up a project with the car for once. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 55
One of my buddies dad had one when I was growing up. One of my first experiences of sliding sideways in a car (yeah it was that long ago). One of my favorite memories. That thing was a blast.

Yeah we have a national forest near by so thought it would be fun and I have always wanted one. I still have to find a windshield and do some minor fiberglass work to it. But not to much.

I got it with everything except seats a shifter lights and a windshield!

Then a buddy of mine had a running driving single seat sand rail he didn't want anymore so I traded him an old golf cart for that yesterday so I should have all the parts I need now except the windshield :D

Should be easy enough to make a windsheild frame out of some aluminum channel, then get some glass cut to fit.

What kind of aluminum channel would I use for a windshield? Cheapest I have found a windshield for it is 250.

And I got a 1600 dual port from a 71 that came with it but I don't know the condition so I am taking the motor from the rail which is a 1500 single port that runs and putting that in it.

Latest posts

Back