IronRat's '51

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured out the rear seat from my 2010 Scion XB will fit as a rear in the Bel Air. I'll need to fab mounting brackets. It should fit better top to bottom then.

Cool, that's 3 start up videos from this weekend. The Rebel harness is great. I would've used one on the Dodge but decided to use the ranger harness.
Looks great, love the poncho power. [cl

Lokar e-brake handle. Try to figure out location/clearance. I'd like it on the trans tunnel behind the shifter. Just not sure about drive shaft clearance. [S

Got the E-Brake installed. Then had a pot of Coffee, got motivated and installed Speedo & Gauge cluster.

These are from Classic Instruments http://shop.classicinstruments.com So far I am very happy with them. Great instructions, very nice Fit & Finish, nice people to do business with.

Here's the best reason to buy your gauges with these folks. If something should go wrong they step up and make it right. I placed my order the week before a vacation, planning on installing them on my time off work. I followed up the next Monday on delivery so I'd be home. When they looked my order up, while paid for, it was not in they system. The man was very professional telling me he would get this fixed ASAP. I called back later that day and was told not only was it marked priority. It was already out Next Day Air.!!

All company's look good when things go right. It's how a company reacts when things don't go right that sets them apart from the crowd. Well done Classic Instruments, well done. [cl

Next I need to install the Temp & Oil Senders.

Thanks guys.

Earthman - If I only had 30 hr days ;)

Torchie - I was looking at the white face as the car will be black & white …eventually. But, my old eyes don't like those white gauge faces. I thought these where the closest to the OEM look. Another selling point is their Fuel gauge
reads my 0-30 ohm sending unit.

WooHoo… 1st drive

~ 25' of brake line, hoses, two new drums, shoes & pads later. I actually drove up to the gas station for the 1st time after about 1 year of owning it. :D:D:D

Looks great man.....

Something to be said for doing business with a good reputable company...saves you time and money.....in the long run....hey...I don't see any oil pressure or water temp indicating....when you take pic's shouldn't have it running??? LOL..

Congrats! Getting me stoked to do my own first ride...
I'm hoping that my guages work for my eyes. I opted for the white face and really didn't consider how hard it may be on the eyes...mine are gettin kinda old!

No worries......

Congrats! Getting me stoked to do my own first ride...
I'm hoping that my guages work for my eyes. I opted for the white face and really didn't consider how hard it may be on the eyes...mine are gettin kinda old!

Just get yourself some cheap sunglasses.....:D

..hey...I don't see any oil pressure or water temp indicating....when you take pic's shouldn't have it running??? LOL..

Those two sending units just moved up to the top of the punch list. ;)

Sgt. - I'm thinking of swapping out the headers for these:

Description: "Ram Air III D port exhaust manifolds. They are called factory headers. They work on all Pontiac 389 - 400 - 455 motors. They fit 1970-74 GTO / LeMans and also 1970-81 Firebird / Trans Am models. Give your motor extra horsepower by using these factory headers.

The way the headers sit they block access to the oil filter and are right on the starter. I think they are creating more heat /access issues than they are worth.
Have you had these on any of your Pontiacs?

Latest posts

Back