"A" '28 '29 Tudor Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard a rumor you ripped the model a body off and replaced it with a willys body... must see pics of the new body!

I've been getting a lot done on the car lately! Time for an update:

Most of the floor is sheeted. I'm leaving the top of the tunnel open until I decide on e-brake/console/cup holders

Taped it out for the chop. Going with 6"

Chain hoist came in handy again!

Tacked

Being my first chop, massaging this back together was the hardest part for me. This is what I came up with. I'm happy with how it turned out!

I had to roll it outside to get a better look. The chop made this car look so much better, I'm loving it!

Cut the windshield header out to raise it.

I got the header, and the rear window back in. I ended up only chopping the rear window 2 1/4". A pillar and the doors are back together, and fit better than ever. All that's left on the chop is, taper all the window openings, finish weld the rear window, and chop the windshield. All and all I'm super happy with how it came out!

Looks good Hoov! Can't wait to see it.

Out of curiosity... what led to the decision of how much to chop the rear window?

Congratulations on your first chop.[cl[cl
Looks great.
[P

Thank you!!!

Out of curiosity... what led to the decision of how much to chop the rear window?

I wanted to chop the window as little as possible, but still fit the body lines and contours. It's not a great photo, but you'll get the idea.

Windshield header back in

Got the roof panels above the doors clean up and tacked in. I am amazed at how good they look, after a little wire wheel!\

Haven't been working on the car much lately. Been busy with work, had a death in the family, and moved twice in the past 2 months. That's all about to change! Anyway, I got the frame, axles, etc... painted, and she's going back together!

The car is coming along nicely, but updating this thread has been tough, due to my limited internet access.

I've been assembling the car for the final time (hopefully)! The frame is painted, and the body is back on. I started the wiring, and the basics are done. I also picked up a one-wire alternator from Speedway.

Made some seats, I'm very happy with how they turned out!

Fuel tank has been finish welded, pressure tested, and installed. I went with an Autometer sending unit, and gauge. Works like a charm!

This past weekend I realized my engine wasn't getting oil to the heads! I purchased the rebuilt motor in April, and have about 20 minutes on the engine, all in short bursts since then. I don't know if the heads were ever getting oil, or if its a new problem.

I pulled the oil pump, It's new and it works. I spun the pump through the dizzy hole and get about 10psi, but no oil to the heads. I also tried injecting oil through the sending unit port at around 80psi, still nothing. [S

Sounds like they left an oil galley plug out.
Most likely one behind the upper timing gear.

Ok, thanks for the input!! I'm not an engine guy, so any input is greatly appreciated! I guess its time to start tearing into the motor for some investigation. I hope that isn't too deep into it!

I like how the seats turned out! keep up the good work

Thanks!

thanks

Your build is looking great. I am about to start my first frame up build using only the windshield and cowl from a 29 model A. Im not sure how much experience you have had prior to this but you have inspired me to move along faster with my mig and limited skill using one. Keep up the goog work and thanks again for the inspiration.

Your build is looking great. I am about to start my first frame up build using only the windshield and cowl from a 29 model A. Im not sure how much experience you have had prior to this but you have inspired me to move along faster with my mig and limited skill using one. Keep up the goog work and thanks again for the inspiration.

No problem, and thanks!! That's really cool that my build has "inspired"!! This is my first frame-up build, and I've learned a ton along the way. Just doing it, is the only way for me to learn. I did know how to weld before I started, but I'm much much better now!

What are you going to do for the rest of the body on your build? Sounds interesting!

dig the seats and the whole build....nice work man...[cl

Thumbs up on the seats as well as the rest of the build

Thank you all!

Seats turned out better than I expected, and it wasn't that hard to do!

Great News!! Pulled the timing cover and found this all three galley plugs missing!

Put em' in.

When I spun the oil pump with a drill, I got 60psi. That's up from 8psi previously! The heads are also getting oil now! Woohoo!! Not sure if I did any damage, but at least it's running good now!

The list is getting very small now!! I'm getting close!!

Latest posts

Back