1927 Tribute Woodie-Built Dad`s way

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate craigslist

Ever try to sell something on craigslist?
I think I have talked to every weirdo and crook in my area.
They tried to do everything but buy it.
Trade for broken down riding lawn mower.No thanks I already have a broken one.
Trade for toys,walmart guitars,pictures,broken down 4 wheelers,etc,etc,etc.
I need cash not more worthless junk,I have plenty to trip over now.
Bring it 200 miles and store it in my garage.I did not even know this guy and why would I want to store it at his house ,it is fine at mine?
Do they really think I am that dumb?[S
Bottom line is I am going to try and keep it.
No one wants to buy it and I have enough problems right now without dodging 3 or 4 con attempts a day.:rolleyes:
I have plenty of time but no money so I may take the chain saw to it :eek:
Not going to destroy it,just chop a lot off back and rebuild it if I have enough lumber left.
Thanks for putting up with my on and off project.
I am just grasping for a way to keep afloat right now,but selling this body for material costs did not work.
Thanks for the kind words Torchie.I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the prayers.
Got a little done to project.
My brother had a week off and his wife had to work so he helped me take a saw to the body.
We cut the back off,then took 26 inches out,and put her back together.
I had forgot how much structure I had put in top for strength.
It took 3 days to do the job and get sanded and ready for varnish.
Now the top has been varnished and I can finally get back to interior.
We also made tailgate open to side,so it would be easier to get in back of body.
Sometimes I wonder if I will ever finish this thing.
Guess I am to Dumb to give up and quit.:D
No idea when I will start the frame.I had to sell all my coilovers,tunnel ram,other parts,etc,etc,to make it through summer.
4 years unemployed.
No one wants to hire ex commercial fisherman,boat repairman.:mad:
Can`t even get job at grocery store,etc.
Anyway,thats enough complaining.
Will post more pictures when interior gets along some.
Thanks,guys

Attachments

• S10.jpg
    S10.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 38
  • S12.jpg
    S12.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 37
  • short2.jpg
    short2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Woody-Mom-glen-scamper011.jpg
    Woody-Mom-glen-scamper011.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 29
Glad to see you doing something on the project.
I have had my project listed for sale of and on since it started for the same reasons as you. And like you No buyers, just people trying to tell me how to build it.[S
So I have taken that as a sign that I need to keep working on it.:D
At this point all that gets done on it are the things that I have the current ways and means to do.
The theraputic value of my build is to me at least beyond a price. It helps me to keep my head screwed on straight as well as getting me up and out of the chair and moving.
Stay strong and keep moving forward. It's a lot harder to hit a moving target than a staionary one.:)
Torchie.

Well Guy`s my project just had unhappy ending.
My brother had an emergency bill that had to be paid.
The only way to help him was to try and sell mine and my late fathers woodies on CL for the amount he needed.
A man came with exact amount of cash needed but insisted I sell nearly everything in shop to get it.It was a take it or leave it deal.
All woodies,454 engine,model A frames,40 feet of 2x4 steel,2 extra carbs,all the cedar wood,a model shrimp boat my late father built,2 extra big block heads,etc,etc.
I am cleaned out.Doubt I will ever be able to come back from this hit.
I will be glad when he comes back and gets the big items.I don`t want to have them here too long now that I no longer own them.
Anyway,my brother needed help and it was my only way to do it.
I got the money for his bill,so he is happy.
I feel kind of sick and empty inside.:(

well you know whats important ,,, I hate it for ya ,, but it will all come back around , something will fall your way ,, Its bad to get rid of your dads stuff , but think of it this way if he was here , he would have done the same thing if there wasnt any other way .. look at it like he helped you out on paying the bill . Hope all will be better for y'all soon .

well you know whats important ,,, I hate it for ya ,, but it will all come back around , something will fall your way ,, Its bad to get rid of your dads stuff , but think of it this way if he was here , he would have done the same thing if there wasnt any other way .. look at it like he helped you out on paying the bill . Hope all will be better for y'all soon .

Agreed. Stay as strong as you can.
Here's to a better future...
Torchie.

That was a beautiful build, Rex. Glad I got to see it. Another one will come along. Hope your world gets better real soon.

Definitely did the right thing, even though it was not what you want/need you helped a family member. Good deeds will bring you good fortune, hopefully sooner than later.

Rex, this is an amazing project. Thank you for posting all the pics. It never fails that every time I build a car I end up having to sell it to pay for something...it sucks. After I built my first woodie, I got to drive it for a year and then, I had no work for 4 months, almost loss my house, but I sold it and got caught up with bills. The passion for the build was still there and I was able to start another project. Don't lose hope or your passion.012.jpg

001.jpg

Latest posts

Back